13

Jesiah's POV
We were all sitting in the car, I was in the backseat and Kathy and Damien was in front. We were dropping her off to work since she stayed the night last which I wasn't aware of till this morning when I saw them both asleep on the couch.

"Okay. Thanks for the drop boys." Kathy smiled at us exiting the car.

"Anytime. You want me to pick you up after work?"
"Yeah sure, I'm going out tonight so you'll drop me home after work. I'll call you."

And with that she left. Damien expression read jealously, his behavior made me laugh.

"What?" He asked.
"What's up with you? You look tensed."
"I just can't believe she's going out with that guy?"
"Who?"
"Brandon Halls."

A flashback of the day I was in Kathy office's came into my mind, Damien was referring to the man who was asking Kathy out. It was obvious he was upset but it amazed me how he was able to push it aside yet he remained quiet, he had the windows down and was playing some trap music loudly as if it was like a distraction from what he really wanted to focus on.

Honestly even though Damien shit up my life and was never there for me, I came to realize he too has his own problems. Kathy told me that he was the last child of 2 siblings, his parents were divorced because his dad cheated on his mother so she left him taking his sister with her whom he never saw again. His father was a mean, cold hearted, selfish man and he taught Damien and his brother that love has no value and people don't care about your feelings. This explains why he's always so aggressive.

"Hey, um you ever thought about your mom before? Or how she looked like?"

He kept his head straight. No movements, nothing. He was still.

"Yeah I had those thoughts, for a good while but eventually they just died."
"Aren't you curious to know about her?"
"I was but now it doesn't bother me at all."

His face was blank. There was no sadness, anger, pain or anything, he just kept his eyes on the road. The rest of the ride was quiet till we pulled up at his work place.

The building was huge and the interior of it was even better, I followed him through the building as he introduced me to almost everyone we met to which I can't seem to recall. We then entered his office and he sat at his desk.

"Wow, the view up here is amazing." I said.

"Yeah it is. The best part is seeing the sun set, that's the most favorite part of my day." He replied standing next to me with his hands deep in his pockets.

"So why you brought me here?" I asked.

"This was the very same office that your mother left in tears the day I told her I didn't want her anymore."

I didn't reply. I slowly scanned the office. I didn't quiet understand why he was telling me this but I remained quiet, I was a bit curious to know what he was gonna say.

"I didn't even know she was pregnant with you. I was so distracted and obsessed with all the parties, I forgot about her and everything we always wanted. Now she's probably living her life happy with another man."

He was now at his desk, in a trance as though he was picturing the event in his head. I guess it was my turn to speak,

"I can guarantee you that's she's happy now, finally away from the hard life she had."

As I said that I immediately regretted it, I didn't want him to think that I was talking about him cause I wasn't, i was referring to Lysander.

"What do you mean?" He then asked confused.

Then I myself became puzzled. He didn't know what happened to her? He think she's still alive? It was obvious, I thought the lawyer who addressed him explained everything but wait if he doesn't know that she's dead, then how come he signed me over so quickly? Who was the lawyer he spoke to?

As I was about to explain, I was interrupted by his phone. He answered and Kathy said she was finished with work, the car drive to the hospital was quiet. I still didn't understand how he didn't know. Something was totally wrong.

Hope you liked this chapter!! Looks like Damien is about to find out what happened to Amanda!! Don't forget to vote and comment, love y'all xoxo❤️