14

We were now at Kathy's house. It wasn't as big as Damien's own, but it was simple yet beautiful. Damien sat in the living room downstairs while Kathy and I were upstairs.

She tried on various dresses but she still seemed to not be pleased with any even though I told her that she looked great in all, she then finally decided on a dark blue lace dress and black heels. I smiled as she walked towards me,

"So, what do you think?" She said admiring herself in the mirror.

"You look-"
"Beautiful. I must say Brandon is the luckiest guy tonight."

Damien was standing in the room looking down at Kathy, I could see the pain in his eyes, it was the same look he had earlier today when he was talking about mum. Suddenly the doorbell ran and Kathy became tensed.

"Oh Damien please just answer that and tell him I'll be there shortly."

He nodded and left. She passed her hand on the dress and she sighed, she then applied a little more makeup on her face. I sat there watching her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing....Are you sure about going out with this guy? I mean you know, you still have Damien."

"Yes I'm sure. Brandon and I have been friends for a while and he always liked me, don't you think he deserves a chance?"

"He deserves a chance as much as Damien, unlike Brandon, Damien-"

"Stop. Just stop. Can't I ever for once go out with someone without having to at least worry about what he thinks!?" she said her voice growing weak.

It was obvious she liked Damien but whatever happened between them hurt  her badly, she was almost in tears.

"I'm sorry, how foolish of me. I just thought that maybe if things with you and Damien work out, I might have you as a mum instead of Emma."

She turned towards me, her eyes were filled up with tears now.

"What makes you think I like him?"
"The past is what keeps you guys so close. You guys still can't let go, cause you love each other."

She remained quiet while fixing her hair.

"It was he who left me."
"Everyone makes mistakes Kathy, it's just your choice whether to forgive them or not."

~~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~~

I was sitting in the living room with the biggest idiot in England, Brandon. He was wearing an adidas jersey and a black jeans.

"Haven't seen you in years Damien, you good?"

"Was fine until you arrived." I said coldly.

He laughed. "You never changed one bit and hey I'll keep her safe don't worry."

He read my mind about her. He knew I hated him and he knows I'll kill him if anything happens to her.

"Where are you guys going?"
"Toppers. Gonna meet some friends there and well lime a bit you know."

The fact that he was taking her to a restaurant and a bar bothered me cause ever since I knew him, he was the drinking, get loose kinda guy.

"You look beautiful." He then said standing up.

I turned to see Kathy standing on the end of the staircase wearing the dress she chose. She looked gorgeous.

Brandon held her hand and took her outside  as Jes and I followed. We were all ready to go our separate ways. I glanced at her once more but she was already in the car. I sighed. 

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long ): exams are coming up and my mum takes my phone so it's hard to update so I'll try to write up the next chapter tonight and tomorrow. Love y'all❤️