15

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

It was about 12:30am and I couldn't contain myself. Jesiah was upstairs playing his video games and I was downstairs with a bottle of my old friend alcohol.

I'm not suppose to be drinking but I do it sometimes to ease the stress.  When I was younger it was all I did and I know how to control myself so getting drunk is off the list. 

My phone then began to ring and thinking it was Kathy I grabbed it to hear a voice of a person I didn't care to much about.

"Hay dammy." Emma said through the phone.

"Hey."
"I miss you so much."
"Yeah."
"Damien what's wrong?"

Her voice was starting to annoy me.

"OMG! Damien are you drinking!?"
"No I'm not."
"What did we say about drinking!?"

And that there pissed me off, I hung up on her. I couldn't stand her anymore, I was a grown man, I could do what the hell I want!

"You alright?" Jesiah asked walking towards me.

I passed my hand through my hair letting out a sigh.

"Thought you were playing video games?"

"Yeah but I beat out all the levels so it got kinda boring."

I noticed he was eyeing the bottle in my hand and I rested it on the table,

"Hey I'm sorry about all this, I jus-"
"Nah. It's okay. Drink to cure the pain right?"

I nodded. I was surprised that he knew about this. Was he a drinker? I knew for a fact that Amanda hated it cause when we were together that was one of our common arguments.

"You ever drank before?"
"I had the thought but I've seen the result and I just don't wanna be that kinda person."

"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You know, the kinds that hurt the ones they claim to love."

From that definition, I realized what he was trying to say.

"You can't really blame the alcohol for that, it kinda varies on what you've been through and from that you'll know how the person acts."

After a short while of silence he asked,

"Why do you drink. Apart from your family problems why do you do it?"

I sighed.

"Normally I drink because I'm stressed out but today I'm just drinking cause.. well..."

He chuckled. "I'm gonna go sleep. Don't stay up all night thinking about her before you drink out the whole shelf of Hennessy."

I laughed. "I wouldn't don't worry."

"Aye um you won't mind buying me more games right?"

"Sure. I'll give you the money so you can go tomorrow."
"Nice. Bye."
"Night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a bad headache. I walked into the bathroom and freshened up a bit then I headed downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and I noticed the money I had left for Jesiah was gone which meant he left to buy his game.

"Hey." a voice said.

Kathy was standing impatiently behind me as I stared at her, she wore a crop top and a shorts...I wasn't surprised that she got in because I have her a spear key.

"Hey."
"What's up with you?"
"Nothing I'm fine."

She narrowed her eyes at me as if she was trying to read my mind.

"You're lying."
"I'm not. I said I'm fine."
"No you're not you're tensed and a bit sober."

I was muted. She crossed her hands over her chest and shook her head.

"You've been drinking again." She said in disgusted.

"Just a little."

She began walking out the door and I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled towards me.

"Don't walk out on me again."

She was in utter shock at what I said but I did the first thing that came to my mind, I kissed her.

~~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~~

I just bought some new games and I decided to take a walk through the little Shopping Plaza.

There were a lot of stores. It was almost like a mall yet smaller and not much people were there.

While walking I noticed a familiar face walking out of the food court. It was Kevin. What is he doing here?

"Hey uh Kevin?"

He turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey kiddo. What are you doing here?"
"I came to spend some time with my dad. Why are you here?"

"Oh right, I remember Carol was telling me about that. Nice. Oh I'm just here to buy some food you know."

He's honestly the only person that I know who calls Caroline, Carol, which is so lame and pathetic. Ugh, I hate this guy.

"You left Bishop to come here to buy food?" I said confused

"Uh yeah, a lot of things are happening at home so don't seem so surprised so see me in places like this." He said.

It was obvious he wasn't himself. He can't be drunk cause he doesn't drink, I had a feeling that he was lying.

"Okay well what about Caroline? I've been calling and texting her for the past week now and she hasn't even replied."

"Oh well you know she's busy with work so she doesn't have the time to answer the phone you know."

This wasn't adding up. Caroline would always answer the phone even if she's busy. Was he hiding something?

"But today is Friday. How come you're not at work?" I asked curiously

He sighed heavily. "I gotta go. Nice talking to you kid, I'll tell Carol you ask for her."

He then hastily walked away to his car. Something is not right. What is he hiding? I don't understand.

I stood there clueless watching as his car sped off.

Looks like Jes is close to finding Caroline's secret🌚 I wonder what it is? Hope you liked this chapter!!! Don't forget to vote and comment, love yall❤️