4

I was awaken by a familiar sound, my alarm from my phone. I quickly hopped into the shower and got dressed then I headed downstairs for breakfast.

As I entered I met a brunette in shorts with a frying pan in her hand, she was making eggs. I slowly walked up to the counter and grabbed an apple. 

"Hey, glad you're up I was - " she stopped herself and stared at me.

Great. Just great.

"Um who are you?" she blurted out.

She had a disgusting attitude and it really was starting to piss me off,

"Well good morning to you as well." I replied rudely.

She eyed me.

"May I ask who are you?"
"I'm Jesiah. And you?"
"Emma Hilton, Damien's girlfriend."

She was beaming with pride after she said that but i recognized her though, she was a well known model. She was in her late twenties but her career kept her looking younger than that. She emphasized on the word girlfriend but I really didn't care, I'm just here temporary.

"Good to know." I said to myself.

She flipped her long brown hair and narrowed her eyes at me.

"So why are you here Jesiah? What are you? His nephew? Or what?" she questioned folding her arms.

"I'm his - "

I was cut off by Damien as he entered the kitchen, Emma's facial expression turned from hog to sweetheart. She ran up to him and hugged him. I rolled my eyes. For a second, I felt invisible.

"Um, where do I find the garage?" I asked.

"Oh hey" Damien said as if to now  notice that I was standing there.

"Who is this boy Damien, he's very rude." she said in a sad tone.

"Emma, this is Jesiah, my son." He said slowly.

"What!?" she almost shouted.

She turned towards him and they both began a whispering conversation, I didn't feel like staying so I left. Luckily, I remembered where the garage was thanks to Kathy. I opened the door and I was in beyond shock. He owned some pretty sweet cars.

I grabbed a key and hopped in the blue Ferrari. Earlier in the year, Caroline paid some guy to teach me how to drive and I passed all my exams including the practicals. I enjoyed it a lot though, driving felt like a gateway to the pain I carried around, it helps me forget everything except her.

"Woah there soldier, stop yourself." a voice shouted.

I turned to see Damien jogging towards me.

"What's wrong?"
"This is one of my newest cars, came in yesterday. I would really appreciate if you don't drive it before me." he explained.

"You have about 10 cars in this garbage and you're one person. I possibly don't believe you drive all 10 of them. Plus you're filthy rich so you can buy a dozen more ANYDAY so don't tell me shit about how new it is!" I replied angrily.

He narrowed his eyes at me and there was an awkward silence between us.

"If I see a scratch on this car, you're dead." he said handing me the keys.

This little conflict somewhat brought a small smile to my face.

"You should thank God that you're my son and not some random kid cause I'd slap you so hard for being rude to me!" He yelled after me.

I chuckled. Maybe Caroline is right, maybe he isn't that bad as he looked.