7

~~~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~~

I was currently sitting at a bench in the park lost in my thoughts. I needed some time to think, after what Damien told me I called Caroline and luckily she was around the area for business purposes so we decided to meet here.

"Hey." a soft familiar voice spoke.

I got up and hugged her. I felt my worries being drowned in an ocean of happiness upon seeing Caroline's smile. I missed her a lot.

"I'm so glad you were able to come, for a minute there I thought you weren't coming." I said.

"How could I not come? You're my brother, I'll always be there for you when you need me no matter where I am." She smiled.

Sometimes I really wish she was my sister, she was there for me when no one else was. She cared for me and loved me and I'm so grateful for her.

"So you wanna discuss this over tea or coffee?" she asked.

I laughed. She always loves to do everything professionally, it was like her most favorite thing to do.

We stopped at a little  place called, "Yumms" which in my opinion sounded like an ice cream place.

As we were seated, I noticed she looked different. I studied her carefully, she looked as though she gained a few pounds and she ordered a lot of food.

"You okay? Are you stress eating?" I laughed.

She looked at me and chuckled.

"Uh yeah. I'm sorry, work has me so drained out you know."
"How's Kevin?"
"He's great. Recently,  he got a promotion at work so the house is coming up quicker than before."

Maybe I haven't mentioned it before cause I really don't like to but Kevin is Caroline's husband, they've been married a good few years now. I remember the day she met him and I hated him from since day one.

"Nice. That's good."
"Hey, um I've got something to ask you."
"Sure, what's up?"
"Do you think it's okay if I take some time for myself now? You know, to relax and stuff."

I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"
"Well, since you're staying with your dad, I think it's best if your try spending more time with him and his fiancé don't you think?"

Sadness appeared on my face as she spoke. I didn't understand why she was saying all of this? Maybe she's right, I should give him a chance.

"Okay but I'll call regularly if I can to keep you updated on what's going on." I replied.

"Ofc." She smiled.

After eating, she gave me all the leftovers to take home. We pulled up in front the house and I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry, it's for the best." she said patting me on the back with her soft gentle hands.

I hugged her one last time and I watched as she drove off. I then entered the house to see Kathy in the kitchen baking.

"Hey Kathy."
"Hai cutes. You good?"
"Yea, I'm fine. What you baking?"
"Cupcakes? Wanna try one?"

She handed me one and I took it from her, slowly enjoying every bite. I commented her on it and she beamed with pride. We stood in the kitchen talking and laughing when an angrily voice spoke,

"Well, ain't this a lovely party."

Emma was standing in a short top and shorts. She looked at Kathy in disgusted.

"Oh yeah, too bad it ended." Kathy sarcastically pouted back.

I laughed. Emma rolled her eyes and flipped her hair.

"Can I speak to my son alone please Kathalina?" She asked emphasizing the word "son".

Kathy looked at me then left.

"Now, I know that we're suppose to spend some time together but I can't because I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Paris for my photo shoot and I'll be back the week for the wedding." she explained in a sad tone.

Honestly, I didn't really care. Her leaving didn't bother me at all, I could tell she didn't want to leave but I guess she had too.

"Oh well um have a safe flight." was all I said.

I left the kitchen and found Kathy sitting on the couch with her phone.

"Kathalina?"
"She's the only one who calls me that plus Kathy is only used for my close friends you know."

We both began to laugh. Kathy somehow reminded me of Caroline a lot, I guess that's why I grew closer to her. She's a strong and determined woman, she didn't let anyone or anything bring her down.

"It's amazing how she doesn't tell you anything about being in the house." I said ending the little silence between us.

"Well she knows how close Damien and I are so she doesn't really get between us, when she marries him, everything will change." She replied with a quiet sigh.

I didn't know what to tell her so I decided to change the subject.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?"
"Well I have to go to work but I'll be finish around 6pm."

She said that she'd take me out to the restaurant tomorrow that she mentioned earlier. I really liked the fact that she took me out often since Damien was always busy.

After we watched tv and ate out the cupcakes till she left.