10

~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~

We were now standing in front of Kathy's office. I opened the door, and there she was sitting at her desk with a cup of coffee in her hand with her reading glasses on,

"Hi can I hel- " she stopped herself as I stood there with a smile.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I said.
"Yes, I am. I was just about to call you to ask if you prefer pizza or something since it's so late."

I looked at my watch. It ain't that late.

"Ugh it's my fault. I had him busy all day." Damien said as he walked in with a serious express on his face.

"Oh, I see." She said breaking eye contact with Damien.

I realized she was getting a bit uncomfortable since she wasn't expecting him to be here.

"Uh Damien offered to take me around plus we kinda had a fun day today." I then said.

This put a smile to his face. Kathy looked at Damien then at me. She sighed deeply while packing her bag.

"Come on let's go." she said ushering us to follow her. 

~~~~~~~

We were now seated at the restaurant waiting for our food. It was small yet spacious, it didn't have much people but i liked it a lot. Damien's phone began to ring so he went outside to take it which left me and Kathy by ourselves.

"Hey um I'm sorry about bringing Damien, I know it was just suppose to be us but you know I -"

"It's okay. Don't stress over it. I'm glad you guys are bonding."

"Yeah, me too."

The food arrived and so did Damien, we sat and ate while talking. The food was great. Ever bit of it was amazing. After dinner, Damien bought us ice cream and then we headed home.

"Hey guys I'm tired. I'm going to bed." I said with a yawn.

"Yeah I should as well, I've got work tomorrow." Damien added passing a hand through his hair.

"Okay, well y'all go sleep. I'll just wash up these few dishes and I'll be gone." Kathy replied.

"You have work tomorrow?" I asked her.
"Sadly yes, but you can still come and maybe after we could take a walk through the city if you like?"

I smiled. "Yes, I would love that."
"Nice, goodnight."
"Night."

I marched upstairs and undressed myself then headed straight to the shower. After I opened my closet and I was speechless. It was full with clothes. I turned towards my bed and there was a tuxedo and a note on the bed.

"Saw this and thought you'd look amazing in it. I sorted out your clothes accordingly for you from casual to semi- casual to formal and lastly semi-form. This tuxedo is only for special occasions. Hope you like it!!

- love Macy and Anna. xoxo"

I picked up the tuxedo and placed it in my closet. I did like it honestly but I didn't see the need for one. I placed the note on my bed stand and lay on my bed then i fell fast asleep.

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

I followed Kathy to the kitchen as she started washing the dishes.

"Hey um I appreciate what you're doing for him, I just wanna say thanks."

"I'm just doing the things you're suppose to do Damien, you don't have to thank me for it. I always have to pick up after you." She said.

"I'm busy with work Kathy, what you expect me to do? I'm a business man, I've got meetings to attend, contracts to sign, places to go." I replied a bit irritated.

She took off the water and looked at me with disgust.

"Damien he is your son. You didn't even know he existed until last week, you don't know anything about him. You weren't even there in his childhood days and you finally get the opportunity to be with him and you're pushing him away because of work!?" she shouted.

I remained quiet. I hate when she corrects me, she's always right. I haven't been there for him since he was small. She passed her hand through her hair,

"Be the father your father wasn't to you."

I looked at her hopelessly. I felt the anger turn into sadness, memories of those days flashed before me. I held back what seemed like tears. I couldn't even respond which she noticed.

"Goodnight Damien."

And with that she left. She left without saying another word.

Here's another chapter!! hope you liked it ((: don't forget to vote and share your opinions!! Love y'all!! xox