12

Damien's POV
I was currently in a meeting with the staff of my business, we were discussing a new idea for a new model that will be coming out in September. This meeting has been going on for about 2 hours and I'm getting a bit irritated, so far everyone agreed to the plan but somehow Tricia can't seem to cope with everything. Gosh, I wish Kathy was here.

Besides being a full time doctors' assistant at the hospital, Kathy was my CEO, well not full time. Normally when she's off work, she assist me with making decisions, she attends all the promotion parties and she's also in charge of hiring and firing the staff but regularly I play her part for her cause she loves working at the hospital plus I don't wanna stress her out.

"Mr. Smith, I don't see why we just can't have the promotion party now." She argued.

"Tricia, the purpose of a promotion party is to promote something. How can we have the party now when the model isn't out yet!?! Steven blurted out.

I sighed. I've had enough of this,

"To please your mind Tricia, we'll have two parties. We'll have one at the end of the month, it'll be like an introduction party to display our ideas. Invite everyone."

Suddenly they all started nodding in agreement. Tricia beamed with satisfaction seeing that she won the argument with Steven, he rolled his eyes in disgust.

"And since it's your idea Tricia, you're in charge of the planning."

Her smile was gone now and she sat there searching for the words to answer on such a huge task. Steven was the one smiling now. I decided to twist things a little and make them both suffer knowing they dislike each other.

"Along with the assistance of Mr. Carter. Understood? I expect to see your write-ups on my desk by Monday."

He too lost his smile. They both nodded avoiding eye contact with me but I didn't care, once they knew what to do. I ended the meeting and headed back to the office when suddenly my phone started to ring and Emma's picture came into view. I sighed.

"Haii Dammy, I miss you so much." a sad voice said.

"Hay honey, I miss you too. How's the model stuff going? I asked.

We were now on a Skype call. I couldn't tell where she was but she constantly kept speaking to someone in the background which I noticed to be a male voice.

"Oh it's good. I'm going to get the dress this week!" she said excitedly.

"Who's the guy in the background?" I asked.

"Oh um no one important, he's just one of the clothes designers."
"Oh really."
"Yup. Well I got to run, bye honey. I love you."

I didn't even bother saying it back or questioning her about the guy, I was drained. I needed to sleep. I was at work whole day and my body was sore and sluggish. I slowly strolled into the car park and into my car then I headed home.

~~~~~

It was about 10:30pm when I arrived home, its honestly the earliest I've ever been home . I entered the house and everything was dark but I heard sounds from the television, Kathy was curled up on the couch watching a comedy I can't seem to recall at the moment. I sat next to her and placed my arm around her and she automatically leaned on me.

"You okay?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Jus tired."
"Yeah, me too."
"How come you're still here?"
"Cause I'm alone at home."

I smiled, I was glad she liked being here, with me. This feeling of comfort that I was getting from Kathy, I wanted to hug her all night. I thought about her all day and I needed this. Apart from work and Emma, Kathy somehow always put a smile on my face, it'll pain me to see her with someone else,  no matter what happens I'll always love her.

"You should go take a shower." She then said.
"Oh, do I smell bad?"
"No, I just don't want my nice clean hair to smell bad that's all." she laughed.
"Oh wow Kathy, you're so thoughtful." I said sarcastically.

She laughed. "Hey I'm sorry, but I didn't wash my hair for it to smell bad ok, don't judge.

I shook my head laughing.

"What?"
"Nothing."
"Don't start that kinda shit with my James, tell me why you're laughing."

She's the only one who calls me by my middle name.

"Ugh, anyways I got to go." she said getting up.

"Hey wait. Why don't you just stay the night?"

She stopped and looked at me. I could tell from her expression that she was debating on what to say.

"I mean you could stay and watch movies and I'll drop you to work tomorrow."

She was quiet for a while then she agreed. I was relieved since I thought she was going to say no, I quickly took a shower while she made something for us to munch on, after, we sat together and watched movies..just like the old days.