2

"Good morning Mr.Smith. Can I help you?" an everyday voice sang.

"Hi yes, can you please inform Cassidy that I wouldn't be coming to work today, I'm a bit tired. Thanks." I explained.

I was lying down on my $7000 couch watching the business news, sipping nothing but a coffee that I made myself. I smiled to myself, life felt good, nothing was going to ruin my day. Suddenly, I was disturbed by a knock on my door,

"Um..hi, good morning Mr.Smith it is right?" a man dressed in a full suit asked.

I looked at him puzzled. "Yes, can I help you."

"Yes sir, you are to meet with the judge  as well as myself and another lawyer at the court today at 2:00pm sharply."
"What for?"
"To discuss the matter involving your ex girlfriend, Amanda and her son.

I froze. Did he just say Amanda? I haven't seen that girl in years, since I broke her heart and she said that she didn't want to see me again. Flashbacks replayed in my head about that day, what could she possibly want? And especially if she has a son.

I thanked the man and he left. I sat down wondering why she wanted to see me or if something happened to her. I suddenly became worried.

~~~

Time flew quickly and I was seated at the office of the Judge, the man from this morning and a young lady.  The judge gave the lady a signal and she stood to her feet.

"Good afternoon Mr.Smith, I'm very pleased to know that you decided to join us to discuss the matter involving Amanda." She began.

She then handed me a letter.

"Amanda told us to give you this letter before she left. I'll summarize it for you; she asks if you look after her son, Jesiah, until she returns."

"Where did she go?" I asked.

She looked at the judge before she spoke,

"She just went away for a while and she thought that it'll be nice that the father of her son would be able to care for him."
"I'm sorry, what are you talking about? I'm not the father!"
"DNA test were done and prove has been shown that you are the father of
Jesiah Singh."

I sighed. This can't be happening. Why Amanda didn't tell me about this, she kept this from me for 7 years and didn't even tell me. When she comes back, she has a lot of explaining to do.

"So is that a yes?"
"Yes. I'll take care of him, but only for the two months of summer."

I walked out that office in utter shock, I didn't even know I had a son.