24

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

The week flew and before I knew it, Friday was soon to come. I sat on the couch watching t.v while eating some potato chips. I didn't feel like going to work so I gave everyone the rest of the week off to relax, we've all been working hard since the company got promoted higher up in the charts. I still awaited the report about Kathy but the longer it took, the more anxious I became.

"Hey." A voice spoke interrupting my thoughts.
"Hey kiddo."

Jesiah stood in the hall with the keys in his hand. I then drew my attention to him.

"Gonna take a drive, don't expect me back early." He said.

I nodded. "Alright, don't destroy my car or I'll kill you."

He laughed.

" I wouldn't don't worry."

~~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~

I parked in front Caroline's house and stood at the door steps. I sighed painfully, I felt the pain in my throat as the tears were preparing to flow on my cheeks. I knocked on the door and the same familiar smile and bright blond hair greeted me. Caroline's smile fainted as she saw me, she looked lost in words and so was I.

"Jesiah I-"
"I'm so sorry"

I said as the tears flowed. I hugged her tightly and she returned it. It felt strange yet right, I missed Caroline a lots and I came to realize that getting angry at her would make me feel worse about myself.

"I'm sorry as well." She cried.
"I'm still glad that out of all the people that saw me crying that day, you were the one who decided to take me. I'd be nothing without you."

Caroline made the biggest sacrifice in her life, which was taking care of me and loving me at such a young age, I owe her the life she missed, I owe her the happiness she always wanted. A family.

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

I was down to my 4th bottle of Hennessy, I swear I was about to lose myself until Stephanie messaged me saying,

"Kathy is at the airport, she's leaving in an hour."
"An hour!"
"Better do what you want to fast."
"I can't reach there in an hour" I replied

Stephanie replied, "You love Kathy Damien, don't let her walk away from you again."

This made my mind burst open. I jumped into the car and raced to the airport. About 30 minutes later I arrived and ran helplessly around the airport looking for her then my eyes landed on a familiar yet beautiful face.

"Kathy."

She turned and looked at me with surprise. At this point in time, I didn't care about how dumb I was looking and the amount of stares I got, she knew I wasn't at my fullest but with tears in my eyes I cried,

"I messed up, I know I did..., and I'm sorry. Kathy I need you, I need you more than ever. You've seen me in at my worse and still loved me..., you didn't deserve to be treated the way you did and you had many opportunities to get up and leave yet you stayed. You're worth more than anything and anyone. And this isn't about the press or popularity, this is about you. I love you Kathalina, and I'm not letting you leave again."

Kathy ran up to me in tears and hugged me.

"I love you too Damien."

Okay guys that's the end of my first book! YAYAYAY! Thanks so much for all the support throughout the book! May God bless you, you're the best..love you!🌹 don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks again💓