18

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

August the 7th. It was only today I realized how fast time flew, in a few weeks time Emma's gonna be back home and then we start preparing for a wedding that I'm not too sure about attending. I sighed. It felt as though yesterday was July and now look at me.

"Good morning sir." A soft voice greeted me.

"Hi Stephanie. Can I help you?
"Sir, Mrs.Hilton is here to discuss your wedding that'll be held next month."
"Who?"

Before Stephanie could reply, the doors were slammed open and Emma's mother along with a group of designers came in occupying most of the space in the office as she took a seat in front of me. I sighed. Great. Jus great.

"Haii honey. Aww, how's my favorite son-in-law?" She smiled.
"Busy. Can I assist you? Probably I could have someone escort you to the door?"

She paused and looked at me angrily. I rolled my eyes, I really wasn't in the mood to see her right. My head was hot over the promotion that I'm having this weekend, I don't have time to plan the wedding.

"Oh now that's not how you speak to your mother? Isn't it?"

I didn't reply. I kept a serious disguised face while she wander around my office.

"Anyways, I was talking to Emma and she wanted your opinion on a few things, when she returns, everything should be ready." She smiled

"Listen, this wedding is the least of my worries okay? My promotion party is gonna be the best one yet, it's gonna take my company to the next level. After-"

"You're always working Damien, you don't have time for anyone, not even your own mother-in-law. How would you be able to spend time with the kids?"

"Woah. Take your time Elma, we both you want Emma to marry me because my family's background is worth a fortune in your future."

Her face lit up in fear and confusion. I had my best agents scope out some dirt about them and eventually they discovered the truth, for decades I've been studying the lifestyle of the Hilton family. All they ever wanted was  money and fame, no way was I gonna let them destroy my father's company. I even got them to check up on Emma and no I'm not a stalker, I just needed more evidence to what I had found.

"And plus, we both know she didn't go Paris for a photoshoot."

She remained quiet with her head down. "So what are you saying Mr. Smith? Calling off a wedding that can make you even more rich?"

But before I could answer her, Stephanie walked in with more papers. I informed Elma that she'll be given her answer by next week and she left. I immediately picked up the phone and texted Emma.

"We need to talk. Message me soon."

Few hours later she replied,

"Dammy!! You've been dodging my calls and not replying to my messages! What's wrong? ):"

"I've been doing some thinking lately...do you really want to do this?"

"Yas ofc! What do you mean!? Dammy, I love you so much and I want to be with you. Where is all this coming from?"

"I don't think you're ready cause if you were, you'd never be seen with Zander."

Stephanie then walked in and announced that there was a meeting I had to attend. I didn't get the chance to see what she said, I placed my phone in my pocket and headed to the meeting. I sighed. I always knew Emma's love for me was fake, she was just like her mother. Marrying her would just make that love grow even more.

~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~

I felt lifeless. I stayed in bed whole morning just playing video games, the only time I left my room was to grab a couple snacks from the cabinet. I didn't even feel like going anywhere and I didn't bother checking my phone so see who called.

Suddenly, the door knob turned and a furious Kathy entered. Her face dropped when she saw the condition I was in. She sighed and sat next to me.

"Hey. How you doing? Still sad about yesterday?"

I didn't reply. I kept my head straight towards the television. I just really wanted to be alone right now, I didn't want any company. Of course with Kathy around, she would not accept my condition.

"Okay. That's it. Get up! Where're going out and we are gonna have fun." She said switching off the tv.

"Kathy, I'm fine alone honestly." I explained.

"Are you kidding me? It feels like a hospital in here, all depressed and stuff. As a doctor, I don't recommend this sort of state for you cause you're too young. So get up! C'mon, get dressed."

"No one is too young to experience emotional pain Kathy."
"True, but the same way they can experience it, the same way they could let it go so vamos!"

She clapped her hands ushering me to get dressed. I let out an "ugh" as I scrambled to find what to wear, this is gonna be so boring.

~~~~~~~

"So what do you want to do?" She asked applying a little makeup on her face.

"Go home honestly."

She gave me a "don't piss me off" face and I sighed.

"What do you do for fun then?"
"Nothing really. I'd spend most of my days at school and well Caroline would normally take us to the Bahamas or something."

"Oh, well that sounds a bit boring."

I chuckled. "At first it was but after a while, it kinda got interesting. Oh and I also worked as well."

She looked at me with a blank expression. "Work? You mean like summer jobs and stuff?"

"Yeah, I worked at a grocery and an ice cream shop."
"Well that's so...great."

I noticed the way her tone was, she sounded as though she wasn't too pleased with the idea of me working. It wasn't that bad. It was just like what Damien does, except I wasn't the boss.

We pulled up at the parking lot of the mall then got out and entered. The mall wasn't as full as it was the last time I came, which was probably last month. Wow. I can't believe it's been a month since I've been home..since I've spoken to Caroline.

Kathy pulled me into a store that sold men and women clothes. I sighed. Here we go again.