5

I parked in front the gate of the cemetery. I strolled inside and walked to the place where my mother was, I took out the bouquet from my bag and placed it  on the other flowers that were on it.

"Hey mum." I said.

It wasn't my first time visiting her, I always did in my free time. I stared at my mum's tombstone and sighed,

"Really wish you were here mum." I said softly.

It was only 10am and I didn't feel like heading home right away so I stopped at a DVD store to buy some movies.

My eyes carefully scanned the shelves, there were a lot of movies. I settled on fast and furious, I basically bought the whole series for it. I headed to the cashier to pay for it.

"Name?" The cashier said in an annoying tone.

"Jesiah."
"Jesiah what dear?"
"Singh. Jesiah Singh."

She nodded and I handed her the amount that it came up too which was a total of $20. She handed me my bill and I left.

As I parked the car in the garage, I entered the kitchen to find Kathy sitting on the counter with nothing but a three quarter pants, an adidas tshirt and a converse. For a second I didn't recognize her, she looked different without her work clothes. She turned to me and smiled,

"Hey kiddo. Was waiting for you."
"Hey. I didn't know you were here."
"Oh well I'm off from work today and your dad told me to check up on you."

I found that a bit disturbing. Why send someone to check on me? I'm not 11. What's up with that?

"So, I was wondering if you wanna go out for lunch?" She asked.

Without even questioning her I agreed,   " Yea sure no problem."

~~

We were now seated in an outdoor cafe.  It was beautiful. The waiter came and served our drinks as we waited for our food.

"This place is amazing." I said breaking the little silence between us.

"Oh yes, I know. Your father was the one who introduced to this little cafe." she smiled.

For some reason, I could tell she was a bit hurt, I really liked Kathy a lot though and I am curious to know why she and Damien broke up. She has an outgoing personality, she's kind, sweet and obviously loving. It didn't quite add up.

"Was this when you guys were together?" I asked cautiously.

"No that was way before we even started dating. We became really close, it was like a little thing we use to do. Every Friday, I would take him to this little restaurant for dinner on 3rd street and on Saturdays he'd take me here for lunch." she laughed.

Somehow her smile faded from her face, a small painful look began to grow.

"Hey... you ok?"
"Yea I'm fine. Those memories never seem to leave me at all, you know."
"Yes, I too have those kinda memories, the ones you can't forget."

She looked at me and nodded, tears slowly left her eyes. A smile made its way on her face. The waiter came in with our food and we began eating.

This little conversation brought Kathy and I a little close and I was glad to call her my friend.