21

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~

After a week of planning and organizing, the day finally came. Today is the day my company takes another step. I was already dressed and waiting on Jesiah. Honestly, I was very anxious and a bit nervous. This was the first time I was holding such a huge event and I was praying for it to be successful.

"I don't see why I have to go." Jesiah said walking towards me.

"You're my son, you have to attend." I replied smiling.

He rolled his eyes. I began studying him a bit and I must admit he is as handsome as me. His eyes were like Amanda though, it was one of the things I liked about him a lot.

"You okay..?" He said glancing at me awkwardly.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I laughed.

Shortly after the limousine arrived and we were on our way, I began drilling Jesiah the rules and how I except him to behave tonight. Tonight was the night, and I was so excited.

~~~~~~

As we entered, we were greeted by the flashing lights of cameras from news reporters, paparazzi , magazine photographers, everyone. The feeling of pride took over me, this was my lifestyle. The crowd was even more crazy when they saw Jesiah, they all wanted pictures of him and he allowed them too without hesitating as I watched him and smiled.

When we entered the building everyone cheered and hugged us as we walked in. Familiar faces, unfamiliar faces, business faces, faces that I've only seen once in my life. The night was going fantastic. I introduced Jesiah to a few people then he left to go search for Kathy. I met up with my old friends from college as we sat and took a drink.

"Congratulations on a new step in your company man." Peter clapped.
"Thanks bro." I replied raising up my glass and we all laughed.

A sudden uproar took place and it had everyone in shook. Great. Who's the idiot that wants to ruin my night.When I walked towards the circle of curious people I saw a furious Jesiah.

~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~

After shaking hands with numerous people I decided to get away from the crowd bit and look for Kathy. I haven't seen her since Monday and I miss her a lot, I'm not even sure if she's here. I walked aimlessly around the huge crowd of people who were engaging in several conversations with each other.

"Hi there Jesiah." A voice stopped me.
"Um hi."

Standing next to me with a glass in her hand was a lady I've never met before. She had light blond hair and blue eyes that were as curious as she looked. She stared at me sympathetically which made me feel uncomfortable. How did she know me? Was she a friend of Damien's? Gosh, I should probably walk away.

"I hope you're doing okay, things are probably hard since your mom died." She then said.

I froze in my steps. I turned back at her to see the same sympathetic expression as before.

"How do you know my mother?"

Somehow this little interest I got brought a small smile to her face.

"The day that her statement what taken to court, I was there. I'm a lawyer. Poor thing, died without healing."

"My mother wasn't sick. She was the most hardworking and loving woman I've ever known!" I stated angrily.

She shook her head. "It's okay, you don't have to be sad, it's not your fault she messsed up and ruin your life. You don't have to lie. We all know she died cause she wasn't physically able to cope with the high life and she maybe if she didn't make the mistakes that she made, she'd probably be alive still you know. Move on Hun. It's for the best!"

I was experiencing some serious mixed emotions and I couldn't handle it anymore.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY MY MOTHER WAS MESSED UP!! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HER OR ME! MY MOTHER DIDNT CHOOSE THE LIFE SHE LIVED, SHE LIVED THE LIFE SHE GOT AND -"

I suddenly felt a hard grip on my hand, pulling me away from the crowd and dragging me into a room. Damien slammed the door closed and stood furious before me as I clenched my fist trying to contain myself. He didn't look as happy as I was but at this point, I didn't care.

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I screamed at Jesiah.

I have to remove myself from my own party because my own son can't control his damn anger issues.

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD! WHY THE HELL WERE YOU YELLING AT THAT LADY! YOU'RE RUINING MY NIGHT! ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS JUST STAY COOL FOR A FEW MORE HOURS!"

I stood there waiting for a reply, but his response was somewhat odd. He stood there crying and taking in deep breaths as his face was red. The anger in me faded, I'd never imagine myself onlooking at my own son cry before. I shouldn't have yelled at him.

"Aye I'm-"
"Is this how it's like?"

I paused not completely understanding his question.

"People reminding you of your past and saying shit in your face. Is that's what being a famous business man is like? Cause if it is I'm not up for it!" He cried.

I remained quiet still confused.

"I'm not gonna just sit there and let dumb fake people talk shit about my mother! They don't even know what happened. My mother was twice the woman they'd ever be and she never ruined my life! He did...he ruined us."

His voice fainted when he said the word 'us'. Why was he talking about Amanda like that? I didn't understand. My silence made him looked at me and he noticed the confusion in my face.

"What did they tell you?" He suddenly questioned me.
"Who?"
"The day you went to sign for me, what lie did they tell you about my mother?"

"They said she went away for business and will return soon, how is it a lie?"

He shook his head in disgusted as he wipped his falling tears.

"Jesiah where's Amanda?"

He took a deep breathe and replied, "She's dead."

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to update..I'm gonna write the next chapter tonight so don't worry (: sorry if this one is long🤧. Hope you like it! Forgive me if there's any mistakes and don't forget to vote and comment💓. Thanks for being so patient!! love y'all!