First Gift

Two Years of Age

"Mommy, when can I go to the sweet shop?" I asked, tugging at her skirt, blue eyes glaring at her.

"Ask your father dear" She replied softly. I nodded and ran off towards my dad's study. I knocked on the door

"Come in, come in!" he said. As he turned his chair around, he looked at me warmly.

"What is is dear?" he said, grabbing me and putting me on his lap.

"Can I go to the sweet shop next door daddy? Please!! I love those bonbons!" I said, eyes begging for what I want.

"Katherine, you know your a vampire right?" He said, raising an Eyebrow.

"But daddy! I don't have the thirst for blood yet. Only when I turn 16!"

"Ok! But I'm coming too, Your special dear"

"I know daddy! You tell me everyday!" I hopped off his lap smiling with my cheesy grin. I walked out the door, running to my bedroom, grabbing my wellies.

"Hurry daddy! Or the shop will close!" I shouted, running into his office and pulling his arm as strong as I could. Amazingly, I managed you yank him off the chair.

"Tough one aren't you eh?" he said, lifting me up and carrying me next door to the shop.

As he opened the door, he put me down so I could explore the shop.

"Kids" he thought.

I ran back with a packet of bonbons.

"£1? we'll let's see..." He put his hand behind my ear and moved it back, revealing that a £1 was in his palm. I giggled as he gave me the money.

"Why don't you pay today flower?"

I gawked at the suggestion. I put the money on the counter followed by the bag of bonbons. the man scanned it and gave it back. He said, "don't eat too much!, Don't want to spoil that pretty face!"

I giggled and skipped out the door followed by dad. Just before we went to open the door, we heard deep growling.

"Katherine, hold daddy's hand"

I reached out to hold it, wondering were the sound came from.

Around the corner, a black werewolf walked towards us, jaws snapping. I put myself behind my dad's leg, hiding.

Before we could move, It sprinted toward us, claws sharply aiming at my dads chest. As he moved, he jumped in slow motion, making me able to see what to attack with.

I saw a mobile sitting on the pavement. I concentrated on the object, wanting to do something. As I opened my eyes, it did something I wasn't expecting. It exploded violently, pushing the wolf to the side, breaking some bones. My father turned around, staring at me knowing I did it.

The wolf shook itself off and ran away terrified.

I looked into my fathers eyes.

"Katherine, you did that didn't you?" He asked, kneeling down.

I nodded, holding up my hands so he can carry me.

"We better tell mummy that our girl has a gift!"

He rubbed my tummy as we made our way back to the house.