First Werewolf Sighting

15 years of age

I zoomed through the woods, going at hyper speed. Not even a blur could be seen when I run. I sped past all the trees and bushes, training for my 16th birthday, the first time I feed. I need to be fit when that day comes.

As I ran, I sensed an animal, a large one near by. As I squabbled through the bushes, I saw a wolf was guarding its territory. I smirked and started to tip-toe behind it's back. As I was right behind it, It smelled me and jumped towards me claws sharp. I jumped high, higher than ever before, and landed on a branch that was growing off a tall tree.

As I sat, the wolf started climbing the tree, shortening the distance between us. I saw another tall tree a reasonable distance from were I was. The wolf put each paw in front of the other limiting my time. My white and black canvas trainers gripped onto the tree branch, making me feel scared and afraid mixed together. I stared at the wolf then at the other trees branch. I could hear the wolfs breathing now as It was about 3 meters away from me.

A small voice in my head told me I could make it, I would survive, but the fear slightly diluted the thought, only covering half my mind. The wolf was getting closer and closer until it only had to put one paw up to grab my foot. It was make it or break it. I trusted my instincts and made the 5 meter jump. I closed my eyes, letting my body shoot through the air. In less than one second, I found myself hugging the tree tightly. As I opened my eyes, I saw the wolf standing were I just was. I smirked and looked down and realised that I was 20 meters above the earth.

I knew I should trust my instincts, so I let myself fall from the tree, landing silently on my feet. I sped off towards home, knowing that was enough exercise for one day.