Practice Makes Perfect

5 years Of Age

"Ok Katherine, we are gonna test your power to control electronics today ok?" my mum said, lifting a heavy looking box to the Main hall. Even though it looked heavy, she carried it with ease.

"Ok mum"

She lifted out a TV remote. "Dear, what can you do with this?" I concentrated on it and a small explosion sent dust and remote pieces flinging through the air.

"Ok... can you do anything but make them SELFDISDRUCT !!!" She joked, looking at me.

I giggled quietly, wondering what she would pull out next.

Grace pulled out a Wii and put it on the floor." Can you switch it on?" I concentrated and the console bleeped green for a second and just switched back off straight after. "Mum... I can't!"

"No! Keep trying!" I concentrated again. It stayed on for longer, but switched off as it did before. "Mum.."
She lifted her hand up, a signal to tell me not to speak.

After a minute of silence she said "Do you have any other powers" I sighed and said "No, not that I know of."

She looked at my face and suddenly a smile appeared on her face. She walked off, shaking the top of my head. "You did good flower, you did good". She said.

It put a smile on my face too. I ran to the mirror and saw that I looked a tiny bit different. Clearer blue eyes, my bronze hair was getting light brown highlights. Defiantly, pretty for a 5 yr old!!!!