Monacans Attack

10 years of age

"Master, I have spied on a particular vampire like you said. I have seen a girl called Katherine. She is the first vampire in years to be born of the mothers womb." A spy said , bowing in front of a dark shadow. Only his hand could be seen, a single red ring jammed on his finger.

"Perfect, if we have her, we will finally be able to over throw my brother and the entire Harmon's league!"The Shadow replied. "Kidnap her right away"

The spy nodded and zoomed out without another word.

BACK AT THE HOUSE...

"Dad?" I said walking into my fathers study. he turned on his chair and looked at me with love in his eyes.

"What is it flower?" he asked

"Well dad, you know what happened when I was seven"

"Yes.."

"Well, could I go to school when I'm 17, I'll be able to look after myself better and protect myself and..."

"Hold on, I have one thing to say to that, NO!"

"But father...!"

"Katherine, I said no, I can't risk you getting hurt, your special!"

"Dad! You tell me everyday. Do you really expect me to say in the house forever?!" I asked looking at dad. He sighed and looked back at me.

"Ok you can. Only when your 17 though"

I screamed and gave dad a huge hug, almost choking him with my strength. "Your... welcome?" he said over his squeezed throat. I let go and skipped outside to play as a celebration.

As I reached for a ball, a man in a black coat stared at me, never losing eye contact. "Can I help you mister?" I asked, not knowing he was a threat.

My mum stared out the kitchen window, holding a fresh plate of cookies, and saw me walking towards the man. She dropped the plate and zoomed towards the door and opened it. As she stepped out, a barrier was preventing her from coming to get me.

The man fired a ball of flames at my face, aiming to knock me out. It went in slow motion, allowing me to jump to the side. It was obvious he was a flame- throwing vampire, a common gift. As I saw him aiming to attack again, I noticed a garden light behind him. I concentrated on the object and it almost immediately exploded. It threw him into the garden gate, making him dizzy and lose concentration.

I was getting control over my gift of controlling electronics and mechanical devises. I then exploded all the other lights in a blink of an eye. A great mass of smoke formed, limiting my vision. Before I could defend myself, a fist came from the side and hit my hip. I could take the pain, but it sent me sprawling.

As I was down, the vampire sped away from sight, leaving me on the ground with a slightly bruised hip. My dad had gone to work, so he couldn't of helped me. After a few seconds after the attack, the barrier disappeared and my mum came running to look at my bruise.

"Katherine! Are you ok?"

I sat up smiling.
"Yeh!"
My Mum hugged me tight as she forced the tears back.

"Well done Flower, well done!"