Two

Two

The lustrous golden rays of the sun peered down teasingly as it began it's trek behind a couple of clouds that dared to probe the clear blue sky. Midday was quickly approaching on the vigorous UCLA college campus. A plethora of bodies flooded the large premises – all of them rushing off to they're various classes and activities.

Promise Taylor found herself among one of the crowds, trying to walk through the sea of students. Her blue orbs suddenly came into contact with the sign that indicated that she'd reached her destination. "S'cuse me."She smiled lightly, grasping the attention of a male that had been silently walking beside her for nothing more than a couple of minutes.

He slowed down his pace, quickly obliging her request. She nodded before walking past him and heading for the door of Royce Hall. As she entered the building she quickly freed her eyes of her sunglasses and stuffed them down in her tote bag. She strutted down the hall with her head held high – confidence oozing from her demeanor.

Within mere seconds she was outside the door of one of her favorite classes; an African American male/female relationship course. She pulled the door open and headed inside the classroom. There weren't many people, because class had yet to start. She made it into class about ten minutes earlier. She hated being late for anything and class was definitely one of them. She'd been given a full ride to UCLA on academic success alone. However, her dream was to become a successful dancer.

She greeted her professor with a smile, "How are you today Mrs. Hines?"Mrs. Hines was one of the youngest and most laid back professors on the campus. She treated her students with kindness, often befriending them. "Tired as usual Ms. Taylor. Can't get anything done with all these essays I've had to grade lately."She replied with a small grin. Promise giggled, "At least you're grading them, and not actually writing one." Promise then placed the assigned paper she'd written down on her desk.

She turned on the balls of her feet, her eyes suddenly colliding with those of her best friend's. "Bitchhh you better work!"Nikita's southern voice pierced her ears. Although they were the only people besides a couple of other girls in the class, Mrs. Hines still glared at her loud antics. Promise rolled her eyes with a shake of her head. She shrugged her shoulders as she puckered her nude colored lips at her. "Just slay sis."Nikita said.

Promise smirked, "And here I was attempting to keep it simple today

Promise smirked, "And here I was attempting to keep it simple today. Can't help that I'm apart of the beautiful people." She was flawless in her simple black crop top, revealing her toned stomach. She paired it with light wash high waist denim shorts that were aligned with silver spikes on the front of them – putting the saying legs for days to shame. She finished off the look with a pair of black combat boots.

"You just tried it boo. Don't act like I'm not apart of the beautiful crowd either."Nikita sassed playfully. She laughed as she sauntered over towards the seat beside her friend. She sat her bag down before plopping down into the seat. "Of course you are but, I swear you act so ratchet sometimes. Damn Kita just let the whole world know you've got screws missing." Promise replied as she began to take out her materials for class.