Three

Three

The sun beat down on Zayne as he and his two friends began to gravitate towards their line stepping practice. Campus was still lively, it was just a little after two. Students could be seen sitting out in the freshly cut grass holding intimate conversations with their fellow alumni. The likes of a saxophone and piano could even be heard as it was a result of a jazz performance going on in the middle of the premises.

His green orbs observed the campus, making him wish that he too could be a little carefree. He was exhausted and all he really wanted to do was sit around and relax. It didn't seem as if there would be any downtime in his busy schedule for a while though. Being a business major and frat boy was a full-time job in itself.

Zayne suddenly swiped his hand across his forehead, he could feel himself about to break out into a sweat. They hadn't even been walking for long, but the sun was giving them a feel of it's wrath. He'd long ditched his thin jacket, settling for just his white polo shirt. It was starting to stick to his frame because of the merciless heat. "Shut the hell up," He chuckled lowly, catching the end of Major and Brian's conversation.

The three of them had been inseparable since freshman year. They were assigned to one another as roommates and grew close in a few months. Once they all decided to pledge Kappa Psi Alpha that sealed their friendship into a brotherhood for the past three years.

"Mannn whatttt?!"Brian shouted, placing a balled fist up towards his mouth, his hazel eyes darting over towards Zayne. Major was explaining to him what happened not too long ago in their last class. "I'm serious though. Girl put his ass on the spot."Major said before stopping to catch a glimpse of some female that was walking out of the library they'd just come across.

"Nigga keep moving, damn. I almost walked into the back of you with the way you just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk like that."Zayne fussed, pushing hard at Major's shoulder. His friend waved him off while still staring at whomever the girl was. He rolled his eyes, because he didn't feel like she was anything to cease their walking for. They had line practice in less than fifteen minutes and being late was something you didn't want to do when being in their frat.

"You ain't got time to be stopping and staring at females nigga."Brian, also known as Mr. Low Key, chided. Major turned around to mug the both of his friends before continuing his trek towards the dance hall. The three of them quickly began to fall into step again with one another soon after that. "But seriously though Zay, you let girl talk to you like that?"Brian suddenly asked, breaking the silence that somehow consumed them.

Zayne's once tranquil face began to house a frown at the creases of his full lips. "Mannn... I could have embarrassed the hell out of her!"He conjectured, his jaw instinctively clenching tighter at the mentioning of the girl. "Why didn't you? I mean because I started to say something. She was going in, and you were just letting her."Major replied as he nudged his shoulder.

The two of them had a quite a run in with each other at the end of their freshman year about three years ago. It was an off-campus house party, he and Promise both attended. At first glance, he found her to be nothing short of captivating. He was instantly attracted to her, and he couldn't help himself when given the moment to capture her and spellbind her with his smoothness. After the one night, they shared he didn't see her around campus the following semester. She'd suddenly disappeared.

Today, when he saw her in class he couldn't deny the fact that she was still just as he'd addressed her – beautiful. He was almost shocked that he was even laying eyes on her, it had been so long since he'd seen her.