Twenty-Seven

Twenty-Seven

Satisfaction consumed Zayne as he finally allowed himself to catch the first break that'd been offered to him in a span of two weeks. His life was moving at a lightning pace with him just focusing on school and his son. He didn't have much time for anyone else with the constant workload he found himself having to face. He didn't mind it because he knew he needed to shed a few false components that didn't make up the real him.

Buffalo Wild Wings was the move for the night with him and his boys needing to relieve themselves of everything and delve into 'guy time'. The powerful aroma of food wafted throughout the restaurant along with its bustling commotion from the many people scattered about. Zayne sighed with contentment flooding him as he pushed away the remnants of his half-eaten cheeseburger.

His green orbs were lowering as he rubbed a hand over his stomach. He glanced at his two friends whose expressions mirrored his. "I'm so tired, yo."Brian yawned, quickly covering his mouth with the back of his right hand. Zayne made no motion to speak as his eyes glided over the many televisions displaying highlights of past games just above their heads. "You're not the only one bro. School's been kicking my ass."Major added in while leaning forward to grab his tall glass of beer from the table.

Zayne tossed his left leg onto the booth, allowing his body to mesh comfortably into it. His long digits danced across the table as he fought an oncoming yawn. "I had two papers due and a speech to give today. I don't know why the fuck these professors think it's cool to assign everything on one damn day."He implied as he moved to toss an arm over the back of the booth.

The time that he was spending sitting around with his friends was the only time he'd had to kick back. He was going to take full advantage of this short interval of free time. "Hell yeah. They swear we don't have extracurricular activities."Major conveyed as he moved to put his glass back. He grabbed a wing from his plate and nearly swallowed it down with a frown following afterward. "The hell you get them hot ass things for?"Brian chuckled with a shake of his head.

Zayne chortled too while his eyes traipsed around the restaurant. He watched the many waitresses running rapidly with trays full of food. People seemed to be floating in and out of the doors in huge heaps. It was like witnessing a marathon as they constantly cleared off tables and reseated others.

"Nigga I just thought about what you said. Your extracurricular activities include partying and fucking."Brian uttered with another hint of laughter in his voice. Major shrugged his shoulders with a devious smile pulling at the creases of his lips. He wasn't ashamed and he let it be known to everyone on just about a daily basis. "Zay knows what I'm talking about though."Major retorted with ease. Zayne had been watching the stats from a previous game scroll across the television so that captured his attention.

He laughed, averting his gaze towards Major,"I haven't been doing a damn thing. All I've had time for is my kid and the books."That was the truth and it was a choice. Zayne knew that he could have easily made time for his sexual endeavors and parties but he had no need to. It wasn't a necessity or a want and it had never been actually. He was set on fully coming into himself and being the man that he knew he should be. He was committed to letting go of old practiced emotions and old habits that didn't benefit him. "So you ain't had none?"Major questioned as though he hadn't heard a word he'd said.

Brian rolled his eyes,"Ain't that what he just said?" Major glared at him and fixed his mouth to say something back but quickly decided against it. He then turned to Zayne, awaiting the answer to his query. "Nope."He shrugged nonchalantly,"And it ain't cause I don't want to either...it's.."Brian narrowed his hazel orbs at him with a smirk.