Eleven

Eleven

The low murmur of the crowd was the only thing being perceived throughout the modest size assembly hall, one of many on the campus. A lot of the students on the premises were present that evening for a showcase being put on by their fellow classmates. Zayne was amidst the student body, sitting towards the back of the theater. His green irises were admiring the dark high ceilings while his hands remained placed on the seat in front of him.

"Hi Zayne," He rolled his eyes at the wannabe sultry voice of a girl quickly descending down the aisle. He pulled his lips into a faux smile, "Wassup..." He peered at her, his hand pulling at the few hairs on his chin. The closer she got, the more he realized that he actually did somewhat know her. He couldn't recall her name, but he definitely remembered the small tattoo visible on her side.

When she proceeded to take the seat right next to him, he wished he'd taken Major up on his offer to sit upfront. That meant he would've been sitting among Promise's friends and he didn't want to be too noticeable right off. Still, he'd come with one goal in mind. He was determined to talk to Promise about their current situation and he wasn't going to leave until she heard him out.

He'd nearly forgotten about the girl next to him until she smoothly wrapped her hand around his bicep. "How are you?"She attempted to whisper, nearly giving him a face full of her auburn tresses by the way she kept moving herself closer with each passing second. "I'd be better if you knew what personal space was." He answered, shrugging his arm out of her grasp. He hoped she didn't fix her mouth to keep talking to him because the chances of her getting his attention again were long gone.

The lights suddenly began to dim, signaling the start of the show. Zayne leaned back further in his seat, his gaze focused on the stage. He couldn't wait to see Promise perform. The day of their confrontation had been the first time he'd ever seen her dance. It intrigued him and he was sure it wouldn't be any different tonight.

----

Forty-five minutes passed and already a couple of students had done a numerous amount of pieces. They'd put on small skits, played instruments, and performed their own written songs. So far there weren't any dance performances. Zayne's eyes lowered, a reminder of the fact that he hadn't been getting the rest that he needed from his various activities. He shut his eyes tightly prior to reopening them to wake himself of the sleep he didn't want to fall into.

The sound of that all too familiar intricate music commenced only moments later, it rendered him awake. The nervousness that permeated through him was frank in it's approach. She hadn't even come out on stage yet and he was already on edge. The room suddenly went pitch black causing the crowd to murmur among themselves. Seconds later a spotlight donned the stage and there stood Promise – commanding all of the attention. Her ribbons of golden blond curls were in their usual untamed state.

His eyes roamed her body in the red sheer shirt and tiny black spandex shorts that she wore. Continuously he watched, mentally drinking all of her in with his gaze. It'd been a while since he last laid eyes on her. He just couldn't get over how beautiful she looked to him dressed in something so simple.

When she took over the stage with her electrifying dance moves he couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of her. The more she did various turns and leaps across the stage he became that much more fascinated with her. He liked to see her in her element – looking so free, without a care in the world.