Seven

Seven

The sun began it's retreating dance, submerging the sky in a mixture of coral and fuchsia. The atmosphere was cool, the winds blowing just enough to deprive the air of it's mugginess. The sounds of light oncoming traffic and various music could still be heard over the small chatter of people.

Promise's blue orbs became one with the intimate surroundings of the small quaint Italian restaurant before her. She shuffled forward, her fingers curling around the handle of her son's stroller. He peered at her with a small silly grin and wide hazel-green eyes. He squealed loudly as he took in Nikita while she sat waiting for the two.

They decided to eat dinner together at one of their favorite restaurants just outside of campus. Promise figured they would take the opportunity to sit, relax, and catch-up with one another. She picked Zayne up and placed him in the booster seat just near their table.

"Hey, I've already ordered for you and my favorite little person. The food should be here soon, actually."

"What would I do without you?"

"Today won't be the day we find out, but girllll let me tell you!"

Promise furrowed an eyebrow, her faint grin deepening by the second. Mischievousness set her friend's orbs ablaze. "Don't hold out on me, you're making me anxious."

Nikita leaned forward and placed her arms on the table, a wide smile spreading across her full lips. "You see your god mommy Zay? She's crazy, huh?"She teased, glancing over at the toddler. He laughed and banged his toy on the table. "So I had a little run in with Mr. Grey a couple of nights ago."Nikita's sighed, her irises housing a dreamy glare.

"And what kind of run in was this?"

"Do you really need to ask?"

Major Grey had quite a reputation on campus as well, but he couldn't have any idea what he'd gotten himself into when it came to Nikita.

"Let's just say that most of the men that live in the house with them know my name now, cause I put him to bed!"

"No you didn't..."

"I put that NyQuil on his ass!"

Promise couldn't help the loud laughter that escaped her mouth at the moment. She could only shake her head at her friend's antics. "You are such a mess!"She shouted, still not being able to quiet down.

Nikita shrugged her shoulders. Her mocha face still housed a sly smile while her brown orbs remained glassy with a glint of wickedness to them. "I cannot believe you."

"Believe it, Promise. I couldn't help myself and the opportunity just presented itself."

A waitress then appeared and placed their meals in front of them. "Yesss, shrimp fettuccine."Promise inhaled the aroma of her food, nearly forgetting about Nikita's crazy revelation. "You all enjoy your meal. I'll be back over to check on you ladies occasionally."The server conveyed as she finished serving them. They each thanked her before divulging themselves in their food.