Nine

Nine

Promise couldn't avoid Zayne's pensive stare, his green orbs still remained fixed on hers. She could nearly feel the heat radiating from his frame as he stood towering over her. "I just, I don't..."He was still speechless. She exhaled softly, her eyes steadily raking over him – she couldn't make herself turn away. Even then, she was drawn to him.

"A whole fucking child though..."He finally found his words after standing in complete silence for another couple of minutes or so. Promise could feel the nervousness still permeating her body. "There's no reason for me to stand here and lie to you."She answered, although she was sure he didn't want to hear anything else from her.

"My father warned me about women like you,"He seethed, his full lips curled into a scowl. She began to shake her head. Women like her? He was ignorant... and so damn caught off guard that he was searching for any reason to block her out. The apprehension that she'd felt in the beginning began to melt away, replacing itself with a new found fire. Clearly, he was accusing her of an attempt to use him. He didn'thave anything that she didn't. She just thought it best that he learned of the life he helped to create.

She couldn't believe the "man" standing before her, he looked more like a boy at the moment - a scared one at that. "You think I want something from you, you think I'm out to trap you?!"She scoffed, folding her arms across her chest.  Zayne shrugged nonchalantly,"Why the hell else would you just come out with this shit, huh?"

"Because..." Promise's hesitation confirmed his beliefs. At least, he'd seen it as hesitation when it was the furthest thing from it. Zayne didn't stand there to await her response, instead bypassing her. "Exactly..." He murmured into her ear just before stepping around her.

"There you go walking away again like a scared ass little boy!"

That stopped him in his tracks once again. "I'm already over this shit so..." He tossed over his shoulder, his head turned so that she was only getting a glimpse of him gnawing at the inside of his jaw.

"I'm surrounded by kids at my job on a daily, and seeing those dads that show up for their babies everyday just... it bothers me that I haven't given my son or his father the opportunity to know one another."

"I already said I'm not for all this shit right now..."

"Right, because you're still trying to walk away from me, Zayne. I mean, I can't take looking into my son's face and then seeing you all in the same day.." 

She couldn't take the constant thought of her son not even having the chance to have that bond. She felt it selfish of her to keep them away from another, because SHE was afraid of what could possibly happen. What would happen if she decides not to tell Zayvion about his dad? There'd be a possibility that he'd grow up thinking that his father didn't want him. Then the cycle would continue – that feeling of being unloved would persist.

Promise knew she owed it to them both to give them a chance to get to know each other.

If it didn't work then she would be able to go on with her life, because she could say that she tried.

"I should have known it was some bullshit when you just showed up like you did, should have known it was something foul...That's exactly why I don't trust females now, always wanna try to be on the come up off a nigga..."