Fourteen (Part II)

Fourteen (cont.)

It was dark now and Promise found herself sitting outside of the frat house in her car. The hours that she spent drowned within her textbooks seemed to fly by. Her head was pounding, she'd kicked it into overdrive with her heavy study session. It was well overdue and there was nothing she could do to avoid it.

She jostled the door open and allowed her sandals to become one with the asphalt. She pulled herself up and pushed the door closed. She sauntered up the driveway with the eyes of many young men following her every move. She smiled at them,"Hey." She thought speaking to them would somehow take some of their heated stares away from her. Some of them nodded their heads in her direction, but a lot of them still continued scrutinizing her.

When she pulled the door open Brian came into view. He was pacing the floor with his cellphone glued to his ear. His face held a small grin and he seemed to be content with whomever he was talking to. She didn't want to disturb him, but she didn't want to go up the stairs and knock on random doors to find which one was Zayne's either.

"Brian."She spoke, calling his name quietly. He turned in the direction of his name, his hazel eyes colliding with her green-blue ones. "Hold on bae."He said into the phone. He smiled at her,"Need to know where Zayne's room is, right?"She nodded, thankful that she didn't have to explain anything to him. He motioned for her to follow him as he tread towards the long staircase. "Oh no. You could've just told me. I'm sure I could have found it myself."She told him.

"Nah, I'm just looking out for you. These niggas in this house are like wild animals. They see a pretty face and they automatically see prey."

She giggled as she followed him up the spiral staircase. "I heard that. I guess Zayne didn't tell you that I handle myself very well." Brian laughed as both of them reached the top of the stairs. He walked on the side of her, directing her down the hallway as they went. "This is his hall. His room is the third room down." She nodded while taking in the many men that were running around laughing and probably playing pranks on one another other.

"Promiseeee!"Major shouted in a sing song voice. She shook her head, because she truly adored him. He was cool and he often made her laugh whenever he was around. "Hey Major."She chuckled. He sauntered down the hallway with his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. "I met your kid today. I like him. I can see why Zayne loves him so much."He smiled. "I definitely agree even though he spent his first hour or so making fun of my height."Brian added in. Promise giggled, "Aw. I'm sorry Brian. He must get that from Zayne."

"Yeah, that rudeness definitely comes from him."

Promise swatted at Brian playfully,"Don't talk about my baby like that."

"Which baby? Zayne or Zayvion?"Major teased with an arched eyebrow. This time Brian was the one laughing heartily. She folded her arms across her chest. "My son dude."She smirked. She pulled her bag tighter on her shoulder and began to sway on the balls of her feet. Her arms were folded loosely across her chest as she peered down at the floor. "Uh huh. Both of them are in denial Brian."Major nudged his friend. Brian chuckled,"I agree, but go on in there and get your boy up. Him and the kid are both asleep I think."

She trudged further down the hall before stopping at Zayne's door. She pushed the door open and her eyes came into contact with his red bedroom walls. She shuffled into his space and closed the door behind her. Her eyes glanced around his neatly kept room – stopping on the tall black bookshelf that leaned up against the wall adjacent her. She kept scanning his room, her eyes instantly brushing over his large dressers, one of them consisting of a huge mirror. She began peering at a couple of pictures of whom she'd learned was his father and what looked to be about a five year old Zayne.