Eight

Eight

Zayne found himself back in his male/female relationship course engrossed in one of his textbooks as Major sat rambling on about one of his latest sexual encounters. He didn't bother to say much of anything, simply nodding his head or smirking to show that he was paying some attention. He'd been sitting there quietly studying, trying to prepare himself for another class in two more hours.

"I'm telling you Zay..."Major's baritone managed to seep into his ears once more that morning. He nodded his head, still deciding to do without talking. The uproarious state of students filing into the nearly empty classroom caused his orbs to shift aimlessly. He surveyed the room some before peering at his watch.

"Nigga you've been talking since we got here, shut up."He laughed after making note of the time.

Major cracked a small grin before nodding his head in agreement, "If you would say something back then I wouldn't look like I'm talking to my damn self."

He closed the book that he was previously reading and placed his hands on the table in front of him. "So as I was saying..."Major started once more. Zayne tuned him out again as he shifted in his seat while his irises did a quick scan of the room.

He was looking for someone – that person being Ms. Promise Taylor.

He knew she was always on time and she often beat him. "I mean girl is badddd!"Major shouted, one of his hands placed up towards his mouth. His gaze faltered a bit as he continuously watched all of the people still flooding into the room. None of them were her. "Oh yeah. What she look like then?"Zayne questioned, his stare fixed on the entrance.

"She was... Nigga you ain't even paying attention! Damn. Who you looking for?"

"Nobody."

The sound of the door opening caught his attention again. His orbs unknowingly lit up once he finally caught sight of her. She sauntered into the room quietly, clad in black leggings and an over sized black and red flannel shirt. She wore her dirty blonde tresses in a sleek high ponytail with her bangs hanging dangerously low over her eyes.

Promise freed her ears of her headphones and then stuffed them in her tote bag. Within a couple of moments her gaze became one with Zayne's. He knew he was caught when she stood there watching him with a smirk while his eyes roamed over her freely. He couldn't seem to pull his eyes away. "Hi."She mouthed at him, giggling as she decided to take a seat at the end of the row he was occupying. He nodded his head at her, trying to pretend that he wasn't gawking at her.

"Well damn, now I see what you see."

"Yeah, and she just don't know..."

Her laughter cut his little confessional short, "Why are you down there talking about me Zayne, hm?" He lowered his head as he tried to fight off the smile that wanted to dance across his face. He gathered himself quickly before turning his attention towards her. "How you know I'm talking about you though hermosa (beautiful)?"He inquired, a lone eyebrow hitched upwards.

"I noticed you've been watching me since I walked in and those eyes are hard to miss."

Zayne bit his bottom lip, his dimples threatening to surface. It was evident that she made him want to know more about her. He couldn't even deny it anymore. "I can't lie about it then since you're so observant." That earned him a laugh and a rolling of her eyes.