Twenty-Nine

A/N: Warning, STEAMY scenes ahead! Seriously!

Twenty-Nine

Promise heaved a deep sigh as her green-blue orbs finally collided with the cloudless blue sky. She'd been cooped up in the library for about an hour trying her best to play catch up with some unfinished homework. Her mind hadn't been doing much focusing lately with all of the things she had going on. She felt drained already and the muggy air now cascading over her frame did nothing to pacify that feeling. Her eyes shifted aimlessly over the vigorous campus, giving her the impression that there were others that were trying to get by just as quickly as she was.

She peered down at her wristwatch to check the time. It was a little after 11 am. She sighed again once realizing that she still had about thirty minutes before she actually had to make it to her last class of the day. She was glad to encounter a small break since she'd nearly fried her brain only moments ago just to make finishing touches to a research paper. She pushed forth her feet while pulling her tote bag tighter on her shoulder. "You ready?"Nikita's voice bellowed, signaling she'd finally joined her. "Yeah, I've been ready. I was just waiting for you."Promise replied, shrugging.

"How long we got before class?"

"About thirty minutes."

"Good. I'm going to sit down while I can. I could use a little relaxation."

Promise nodded her head with her gaze on a small sitting area that was just a couple of feet away. They began their trek with neither of them bothering to hold a conversation. The campus was busy enough for the both of them at that hour with students socializing and running in every direction. She felt herself dragging with her lack of energy. She was tired and all she really wanted to do was go home and cuddle with her son all day. However, she knew that wouldn't be the case with work following right after her next class finished.

"You doing anything after school today besides work?"Nikita questioned. Promise's eyes quickly shot up towards her face as she shook her head no. "After work, I'm getting Zay and we're going home. I'm tired."She responded with her gaze cast out into the gradual oncoming traffic. Their walk came to its end just as quickly as it started. They opted for a table nestled away from the stares of any onlookers surrounded by a numerous amount of trees.

Promise hurriedly plopped down and tossed her bag on the table. Nikita followed suit, throwing her things down right beside her, pressing her head into her forearms,"I'm going to be glad when school is finally over this year."

"You ain't never lied. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep up with Zayvion, work, and school. It's killing me."

"Mhm. I hear that and I don't have half as much going on."

It was then that the music of the new radio program echoed over the campus's intercoms. Promise shifted in her seat some so that she could lay her head on her tote bag. She had no intention of paying attention to the show. Her goal in mind was to enjoy her quiet time."Yo, yo, yo it's your boy, Nori! Good morning UCLA. You know we've got a great show for you, as usual, today as we bring you all of your favorite sounds."The Dj's voice rippled out into the air. Nikita huffed as she rolled her eyes. "He is too damn loud for it to be this early in the morning."Her face housed a small frown. Promise grinned at her with a shake of her head,"It's not even that bad. I actually kind of like it since it kind of gives us something to listen to in between classes."

"I understand it's purpose, but I'm not tryna hear all that right now."

"Sis, be quiet! I don't wanna sit here and listen to you complain for the next twenty minutes."