Twenty-Eight

A/N: Get ready to be swept off your feet! Enjoy!

Twenty-Eight

The quietude exuding throughout Zayne's car was nearly comforting as only the faint sounds of the radio rippled throughout the atmosphere. Promise sat with her hands clasped loosely in her lap, her eyes traipsing over the onyx sky. There were stars scattered aimlessly on that night with the glowering of the moon accompanying them. It was a beautiful night and one couldn't deny it.

She shifted her gaze over to him, scanning his side profile. He bit the inside of his lip as his hands rested on the steering wheel. He appeared to be in deep thought as he concentrated on safely maneuvering them to wherever their destination might be. They'd been driving for awhile – a little over forty-five minutes – and he had yet to tell her anything. She figured he wanted it to be a surprise by the never-ending smile that he'd been sporting ever since he'd picked her up.

"Nervous?"Zayne quizzed, teasing her. His small grin broadened at that moment, although he had yet to take his eyes off the road. Promise rolled her eyes in a jovial manner before folding her arms over her chest. "I'm not nervous."She countered with a slight chuckle. If anything she was more excited. She couldn't wait to see what he had planned out for them because it was so late. It was, after all, nearing 1 AM in the wee hours of the morning.

It was definitely a different approach and she couldn't say she could pinpoint the exact appeal he was going for. The car began to come to a gradual halt. He turned towards her, allowing his eyes to scan her face,"I am." She smirked as a couple of giggles threatened to surface. He shrugged his shoulders at her with playful eyes as he pressed on the gas again. "How come?"She questioned with her eyes dancing over the sandy area that they were coming upon.

"Because I want this to be something you'll always remember. I mean, I've never done this for anybody."His voice was soft as he swiveled the car into a secluded beach space. He turned off the ignition and sat back in his seat. He rubbed at his shorts with opened palms, his gaze focused on the outside.

Promise peered around at her surroundings and didn't see not one soul in sight. There were tall palm trees aligned wildly, making it particularly strenuous to see pass them. It gave her the impression that not too many knew about this particular spot because it just felt so hidden and secretive. She hadn't noticed Zayne's exit from the car until she heard his door close with a soft thud. Her eyes shadowed him as he ambled around the car to her side. "What you waiting for?"He chuckled lowly while pulling the door open for her. Her pouty lips contorted into another smile as she picked up on his obvious gentleman like gesture. "So chivalry ain't dead tonight, huh?"She joked, holding tighter onto his hand as he led her around the car.

Zayne backed her up against the hood of it with a shake of his head. "Not tonight so don't blame me if you fall for me that much more."He said. There was that side of him that she was more accustomed to. She knew his usually confident demeanor wouldn't be confined for long. She laughed at him,"Oh really now?" She narrowed her eyes at him with her hands resting at the middle of his stomach.

"Yeah, watch...you gon' be so in love when all this is over."He grasped her hands in his and intertwined their fingers together. She tried pushing him away but his grip only tightened on her hands. He peered down at her with irises full of amusement while leaning down, his tall frame towering over her. "Wait here."His lips lightly brushed up against her ear with each word. Promise shivered against him with a nod. He backed away from her with a devious smirk on his visage.

Her curiosity heightened.

He returned within a span of two or three minutes. His feet were no longer sheathed by a pair of Jordans as he ambled across the sand towards her. He looked casual, but still, his persona made him exude sexiness. He was clad in only a white linen short sleeved button down with a pair of black cargo shorts resting right below the cut that made him a man. His green orbs were glowering as he openly stared at her.