Chapter 5 Bestfriend Love

After every thing that happen with Jamie's grandma dying , her father leaving her, and her mother loosing her job. Jamie's mom turned to drugs . They were behind in bill lights and water was getting cut off . Jamie decide to drop out of school and provide for her and her little brother . Jamie worked 2 jobs a waitress and as a baby sitter. She had to pick up the slack around the house bc her mother damn sure didn't GAF. Every night their mother would come home drunk with a different man . Jamie would just shake her head. If she didn't come home with a man she just beat on Jamie for the hell of and accused her for her life being this way a living hell.

The next the day Jamie called her best friend Keisha and explained everything to her and told her she tired of this her life should be like this . Keisha tried to encourage Jamie to come back to school but Jamie didn't listen she would always say who's going to pay the bills around here and look after my brother. Days and days pasted that Keisha kept asking Jamie about coming she finally gave in and went back to school.

This was my first day back in school . I was kinda glad to be back. I was so far behind in school . It's been 3 months since I dropped out . My teacher Mrs.Harrington my favorite teacher was glad to have me back she helped me with everything she even caught me up in my work so I could graduate on time . At the end of the day Mrs.Harrington stop and said Jamie was going on with you. You haven't been coming to school you looking depressed and tired. I just told her I have a lot going on right now. She hand me a piece of paper in my hand and looked at Jamie and said if you need anything just call me and I'll be there for you I want to see succeed in life Jamie said thank you Mrs. Harrington but I'm fine .

Jamie best friend Keisha in the media & mrs Harrington
Keyshia Cole as Jamie best friend
Tarji P.Henson as Mrs.Harrington