Chapter19

The next morning I woke up went to get Dj ready but he was already. Then I got ready. I went down stairs and ate my breakfast. Mrs Harrington noticed I was a bit upset. She asked me what was wrong I said nothing I'm good. She Jamie don't lie to me tell me the truth . I told her my mother came over and what did she want to see Dj.
Mrs. Harrington why didn't let her .
Jamie: Because he don't need to see her like that.
Mrs Harrington; I understand you trying to protect him . but it's bound that she will see him some day.
Jamie: but as long as I'm here she want see him over my dead body.

When we finished our breakfast we left. We drop Dj off . Then we pulled up at our school . I got out the car and went found Keisha . I told her what happen . How did she know you was there i don't know really but fuck her she ain't shit.
Keisha :see u still mean and heartless.
Jamie: Yes I am . Keisha I'll see you later got to get going I lied.
I just didn't have time for Keisha today I got tire of her calling me mean and heartless. But don't nobody understand me.

I pulled out my phone and lil boosie
You do t know my struggle so you can't my hustle the don't know what I done been thru.

School ended I wait for Mrs Harrington by her car. She finally came out then we left. We pick up Dj.
Mrs: Harrington : are you guys hungry
Jamie. No I'm good
Mrs Harrington: what about you Dj
Dj: yea ma
10 minutes later we pulled to a pizza joint. We got out ate pizza. We laugh and talk
Mrs.Harrington: Jamie I thought you wasn't hungry.
Jamie I wasn't but now I am.
After we left we went home. Got into the house everybody went their separate ways.
I went got in the bed. I did my homework and listen to lil boosie

I been going thru some thangs and don't nobody understand me mane .

I feel asleep listen to my music. I woke up and took a bath then went back to sleep

3 months later
Well my junior year is coming to and end I made threw this year thanks to Mrs Harrington. I couldn't have ask for better. Dj is doing good in daycare. Mr Harrington is buying business and making money like always . Mrs. Harrington is been the kind sweet woman she is. I really haven't talk to Keisha ever since the day I told her about Monique showing up. My life has been amazing. I don't have to worry about anything.
I went in my room got on my knees and prayed. I thank god for giving me a better life .My Grandmother for watching over me & protecting me .

Today was the last day of school. I past all my classes with straight a's. This is going to be a long summer.