☼ F O U R T E E N ~ R E L A T I O N S H I P S ☼

Spring's POV

Goldie sat on the counter as I sat beside him, the energy was practically bouncing off him. He was really excited for Christmas.

"I can't wait, it's going to be so fun, i'm so excited," Goldie rambled on. I just watched him, smiling at his usual, charismatic behaviour.

"It's going to be better this year," Goldie smiled, drinking some of his hot chocolate, "I've got you with me."

I laughed slightly and broke into a larger smile, "Thanks."

It was nice to know I was still wanted and it was getting easier and easier by the day to talk to him. I could finally see that we really had been friends for years and for the right reasons.

The reasons being that he helped; helped with everything. He was kind and casually charming with a strong personality that that not even an amnesiac like me could forget.

A ringing sound came from Goldie's hip, making him stay quiet for a second. Goldie brought out the phone and answered it, "Hi."

I sat there, watching Goldie talk on the phone, I tried not to listen but he was pretty loud. I played with my thumbs, glancing around casually.

After a few minutes or so was up, Goldie hung up, "Well, that was irrelevant but okay," Goldie shrugged.

I wanted to ask who and what it was but I decided to stay silent...I knew he'd tell me anyways.

"That was the doctors ringing to tell me that they'd informed your psychiatrist about the accident. Why do I need to know this now when your appointment is in two months? Like seriously?", Goldie ranted, putting the phone back.

"I dunno, they're dull as hell sometimes, the systems are pretty much fucked at this point. Can't remember it doin' me any good but that might've been somethin' to do with the fact I've lost my memory but nah it's only a small thing," I told him. He laughed lightly and put an arm around my shoulder.

"True. I would bring up a 'Do you remember' scenario but uh...I don't think you will," He joked back as I raised an eyebrow.

"Try me," I challenged him. Goldie shrugged, swirling the cup of hot chocolate around.

"Well," He begun, "Remember the time when we was younger and after knowing Freddy for a few months I was talking about him finally getting medication after about....eh...3 years of visiting the psychiatrist?"

"Eh...No," I frowned, "but that's how long it takes, I do remember something else because of this, after living in the hostel for about the 3rd time, before I met you I think-"

"Yeah, it was, I remember you telling me about the family wing homeless...", He mumbled.

"Don't worry, anyway. It took my father like twenty years to get his right medication and to claim benefits which was a nightmare since Plush wasn't born. Then again the real nightmare hit us when Plush came out, I remember that," I cringed, squinting my eyes.

"Took Freddy long too but I work as Freddy's carer so I don't need to work, luckily the council still ain't aware we aren't living together anymore so we're still claiming for the next five years and I'm alright until then," Goldie smiled, sipping his hot chocolate again.

"Not exactly," I argued, watching him raising an eyebrow.

"Well, as long as I'm living with you, you claim for me so...depending on how long I stay...Which could be anything from a month to the rest of my life which but I don't think is going to be long-"