☼ T H I R T Y T S E V E N ~ T W O ☼

"Hey Spring...", Goldie whimpered, standing by the side of Spring's bed. Spring smiled back at him, kissing his hand softly.

"I love you-"

"I need to tell you something," Goldie gulped, sitting down on the chair by the side of the bed.

"Go on..."

"We're going to be parents," Goldie beamed, Spring's expression changing to immense surprise. He pulled him close with both hands, staring at him.

"You're not lying?!", Spring jumped, coughing straight after speaking, making Goldie laugh lightly. It wasn't expected.

"Nope!", Goldie grinned, pulling Spring's face carefully towards his chest. Spring still couldn't believe it.

"That's great...", Spring smiled back, rubbing his hands softly, "I can't wait to get out of the hospital," Spring sighed hopefully. The words made Goldie feel a pang of guilt because he was there that night, ignoring him.

"I-I'm still sorry..."

"It's not your fault, I would've ignored myself," Spring sympathises and nuzzles his hands, "Just focus on...", Spring paused and poked Goldie's stomach gently, "Focus on the baby, okay?"

"That's what I've been doing for the past week-"

"You've known for a week?", Spring jumped up, Goldie pushing him back down. He didn't want him stressing out or hurting himself.

"Calm down, okay? I was figuring a good way to tell you but...Uhhh...Well, I thought it might help you get better...", He whispers, kissing Spring's cheek.

Spring smiled widely and held his face, "It helps so much...I feel so motivated...I-I can't wait to get back home!"

"When can you come back? It's so lonely without you...I spend all my time with you, it's painful to have you gone," Goldie sighed and sat down as Spring removed his hands from his cheeks.

"Tomorrow?", Spring tilted his head, "Yeah, I think...I'm not good at...Remembering," Spring joked, making Goldie scoff. He had always been the one to make self deprecating jokes.

"Stop, Spring...", Goldie giggled, holding Spring's hand, "I miss you so much...Fuck...I even miss just looking at your face..."

"It's funny to think it was only a few years ago that it was Christmas and you confessed...", Spring sighed happily, having the memory.

"Ah, God, that was cheesy...", Goldie cringed at the memory and glanced away, "All the things I said...Ew. I could have just said 'I love you' but young me thought fuck no."

"I liked it," Spring pouted and crossed his arms, "Do you regret saying those things then? Huh?"

"...I mean...I guess not," Goldie chuckled and stroked Spring's cheek, "I feel so bad for not being there..."

"Well, it's not like I've hurt myself any other time I fell downstairs. Plus, I was in one of my episodes, you couldn't control that...", Spring told him softly, making Goldie nod.

"But look at the scars it left-"

"Compared to my body? C'mon, Goldie," Spring huffed and glared at him slightly, "Do you think it's that bad? I hardly feel it..."

"You nearly broke your nose, you don't need to act manly for me, you idiot. You obviously felt it! You must've...", Goldie stared down, the guilt slowly sliding back in.

"Maybe I did at the time...But I honestly don't feel the pain...Why? Do I look that bad?", Spring frowned, Goldie facepalming and whining.

"Stop being stupid!"

"Thanks, Hun."

"Ugh- Spring-"

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," He gave a soft laugh.

"You're...You know. Attractive. You know this. In fact, the scars make you look youthful," Goldie smiled, staring down at Spring's body.

"Heh," He scoffed, "Thanks, your face reminds me of a ten-year-old," Spring tried complimenting. Goldie looked around and frowned.

"I mean- Thanks...?"

"No problem-"

The two stayed silent when the doctor came over and told them that Goldie had to leave due to leaving hours finishing, "I'll be back to pick you up tomorrow, I'll call you tonight, get some rest," Goldie shot him a smile and blew him a kiss and waved as he left, Spring doing the same.

"Stay safe...You two..."