☼ T H I R T Y O N E ~ T R U T H O U T ☼

"You'll be fine," Goldie pouted, wiping Spring's hair out of his face, making his pout back while Goldie knocked the door, "Also, I smell food. Yay."

"Care about me, not food," Spring frowned while waiting and hugging his arm. Goldie stuck his tongue out and rolled his eyes.

His mother then answered the door with a freakishly large smile, grabbing Spring's hand and shaking it vigorously. Goldie could hear Spring gasp from the sudden movement so he pulled his mother away.

"Calm down, he's skittish," Goldie explained, letting the woman nod and stare at Spring.

"You do not lie, Gold, he is adorable!", His mother complimented, letting the two come into the house, "I prepared dinner already, perfect timing actually! Your father said he was going to dish it out since you came."

"Surprised he actually got up to do something," Goldie joked, making his mother chuckle.

"That's true!", She smiled, taking the two to the dining room and letting them sit on seats which were opposite two seats. After they sat down, Goldie's mother sat down and she was practically bouncing with excitement, "So! What have you two been doing lately?"

"Um. Went down Freddy's yesterday? Have you met his boyfriend?", Goldie asked, making his mother raise an eyebrow.

"No, I haven't. He said something about dating someone but it was extremely brief," She sighed, "He doesn't open up, does he?"

"Nope," Goldie shrugged, "I know him like I know my own mind."

"I always used to think of you as twins really," She shrugged, resting on her cheek.

"Same," Goldie replied as his father came into the room. He was a short man with dark brown hair and green eyes. His clothes were quite scruffy and he had a lot of a stubble on his chin.

"Here's the food," The announced in a rich Italian accent, making Spring jump out of his chair nearly.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, my dad's Italian," Goldie shrugged, not thinking much of it but Spring worrying about it...too much. What if he said something and he couldn't understand what he just said? What was he meant to say? "Sorry, what was that"? Was that rude? Maybe?

His father didn't seem bothered that Goldie was gay but really, it ran in the family at this point, didn't it?

Goldie smiled at his dad and held Spring's hand, "Dad, this is my boyfriend, Spring," He introduced as his father set down the food.

"Nice to meet you, Spring," He smiled, walking back to the kitchen to grab the last two plates for Spring and Goldie.

"So, Spring, how's your family?", Goldie's mother asked, making Goldie whine and put his hands up in defence.

"He prefers not to talk about them- They- They aren't very nice," Goldie mumbled quietly, running his hands across the oak brown table as Spring was clutching onto his sleeve.

His father sat down next to his mother and glanced over at the two socially awkward lovers.

"Ah, sorry Spring," His mother apologised, picking up her silver fork and digging it into the pork and mixing it softly with the mash.

"It's fine," Spring mumbled under his breath, shaking slightly as Goldie let go. Goldie felt guilty and wished he could take the anxiety away.

"So, Mum, Dad, what have you two been up to?", Goldie smiled, smashing his fork into the pork and mashing it up with the peas happily. Spring watched and smiled a bit, glad to see Goldie happy and with his parents. It calmed him a bit.

Goldie talked to his parents about everything that happened, even started to rant about Bonnie and well...Then something came up which Goldie...Shouldn't have mentioned.

"-And not to mention Red's working all the time while Clyde is pregnant! He's a he-", Goldie gasped and shut his mouth, his mother staring with her mouth gaped open wide while his father stared at him with a dead face.

"Clyde- Clyde's pregnant?!", Goldie's mother gasped in surprise as Spring glared at Goldie.

"Goldie!"

"E-Eh! I-I'm...I-I...I-", Goldie stuttered, not knowing what to say and Spring's face made him feel like the worst person ever. Lower than dirt. Lower than anything.

"Um excuse us," Spring sighed, getting up and taking Goldie outside, shutting the door, making Goldie gulp.

"Why would you do that?!", He screeched, "You should- Ugh!", Spring pouted and crossed his arms, making Goldie frown.

"I-I forgot!", Goldie huffed, looking around, trying to avoid the smaller boy's face.

"Imagine Clyde's face when he knows...", Spring spoke again, more softly this time. He hated seeing the older boy in distress.

"I'm sorry," Goldie whimpered, sniffling.

"I shouldn't have- I'm sorry I was so angry...I just...Don't want any enemies...",Spring admitted, holding Goldie's hands, making Goldie go in for a tight hug.

"I don't want to speak so much," Goldie admitted back to him, opening the door slightly to see his parents shouting down the phone at Red, "I-I shouldn't have said anything..."

"Don't worry," Spring told him, trying to make him feel better, "We should leave...", He mumbled, kissing his cheek softly and staring at him as Goldie felt the guilt fly through him.

"I need to call him when they're done...We should still leave," He swallowed thickly, hurrying to the car and getting into it. Spring got into his side and bit his lip, he felt a bit bad himself.

After the long, quiet ride, the two got home, Goldie still feeling a massive pang of guilt inside of him and Spring trying to just...Cope.

It was silent between the two as they sat down, Goldie, at this point, was thinking about Red. He wouldn't forgive him for this and if he didn't call, he may as well be dead. While Goldie and Clyde were dating, he was still protective over Clyde back then and when Goldie hurt Clyde the way he did...Goldie regretted it. For two reasons.

One: Clyde was extremely upset and he took a large break from dating after that. Two: Red beat him to a pulp...And that hurt like hell. If Clyde hadn't caught him, he probably would have had to have more than a cast around his arm. Red had always had anger problems, he wasn't a patient man unless...That came to Clyde. Why? How? He waited years for him and he poured his heart and soul into him and Clyde eventually saw that it was more than a friendly feeling.

"Spring- Pass me the phone..."

Sure, Red never looked for trouble but anyone that didn't pay attention to his order should fear the rest of their lives- Same for anyone who messes with Clyde.

"R-Red?"

And sure enough, something was going to happen.

Just...What was it?