☼ S I X T E E N ~ C O N F E S S I O N ☼

Spring's POV

I stared at Goldie, confused. 'I like you'; he can't have meant it as in a friend...Or maybe it could have been that it was more likely that he didn't like me like that, or was it? Us being friends was something that was pretty self-explanatory but I'd only been here for a week, how could he have feelings like that?

"What do you mean?", I asked, observing his moves. By the way, he was blushing, avoiding my eye contact and scrunching up his face, a lot of people would have said that it was easy to deduce that he was confessing romantic feelings towards me but I still found it highly unlikely.

"I like you...", He whispered but it was so hushed and husky at the same time. I stared down at his lap, he didn't like me staring at his face or at least I think I may have been staring at his face in a pathetic attempt to try and relax him or something social.

I heard a loud hiccup through the room, I took a brief gaze up at his face which he was covering with his arm. Feeling my whole stomach sink and my expression drop like bricks, I had to try and think of something to stop him crying. I wasn't going to watch him cry. I couldn't.

One: I didn't want two and second: he wouldn't just watch me cry.

Slowly, I reached out to his knee and rubbed up and down his leg gently to get his attention. It seemed to work but it did startle him, he took it as a signal to quieten down by the looks of it since he covered his mouth and tried to calm down his breathing instantly.

"Goldie," I whispered, "It's okay, you can tell me anything, I just...I don't understand what you're telling me, I need some help...", I explained, trying to get him to rest first.

In an effort to comfort him, I wrapped my arm around his neck and turning my body towards him. I wouldn't mind whatever he told me and I had a feeling that Goldie knew that too but he was scared despite that fact.

"I-I'm rea-lly so-sorry...", Goldie sniffled, hiccuping still and budging away from me. I felt rejected and it wasn't really the best feeling if I was completely honest with myself. I understood him, though, if he needed space and he couldn't tell me, what else was he meant to do?

I sat by him and waiting patiently, "You can tell me when you want, I'll wait for you...", I muttered, staring down mindlessly at my own lap. It felt so bad just to sit there as he sounded like he was literally crying his heart out. His crying didn't exactly annoy me but it just upset me to a great extent.

Goldie jumped slightly when he felt his phone ring in his pocket, I did glance to see what was wrong but I turned away straight after. I knew that having people watching you cry was...horrible.

"I-It's fo-r you," Goldie stuttered, passing me his phone. I was surprised at first until I remembered, Plush.

I picked up with hesitation to be greeted by Plush's voice sounding quite pleased, "Ay Springo."

"Hi Plush," I responded, sounding quite empty and dull, so much so I had noticed how numb it actually sounded.

"Well you sound fucked, haven't gotten up yet or like...?"

"Yeah, that," I sighed, rubbing my face anxiously.

"Oh c'mon, don't sound so down! You sound like you've just had a steel rod shoved up your arse," Plush complained.

"Um, sorry, 'm just tired," I mumbled, "How's your Christmas?", I asked, deciding to engage into a convocation to make Goldie believe that the eyes weren't on him. He was actually the one thing that I was listening to for a while on the phone but he seriously didn't need to know that.

I could hear Plush scream, "AH!~"

Nearly dropping the phone, I pulled it away from my earlobe, "Um.."