Chapter Eight : Friends

~Chapter Eight : Friends~
~Start~
**********

"P-Please be my master!"

Natsuki's cat ears twitched as he heard that familiar voice when he passed (Y/N)'s room. The blonde haired cat blinked and got curious. He gently peeked from the slightly opened door and eavesdropped to the conversation (Y/N) and Haruki have.

"Eh..." (Y/N) said blinking after a few moments, she finally realised what Haruki just requested. "Eh!? Master?! Me?!"

Haruki stood up straight before nodding his head. "Yes...I request you to be my master."

(Y/N) stood up from the bed. "B-But...Why me? Why couldn't it be mommy? Or daddy?" (Y/N) asked.

"The purpose of us, cat people's existance is to serve humans who is in need of help..." Haruki said as he played with his fingers. "Your mother and your father are already grown ups. I believe that they can take care of themselves..."

"B...But...I can take care of myself..." (Y/N) said, puffing your cheeks, a little bit.

Haruki threw his hands infront of him in panic. "A-Ah, I never said that You couldn't..." He said. "It's just...I always wanted a master who is kind and caring like you..."

(Y/N)'s eyes softened as she remembered what he told her yessterday. "Ah, that's right..." (Y/N) thought. "Haruki...didn't get to have that nice master he always wanted..."

Haruki bowed again. "I-If you accept being my master, you own me and my life. You can let me do all sorts of work but it's fine with me..." Haruki said. "So, please..."

(Y/N) scratched her head and sighed. "Fine..." She said, making Haruki look up with his eyes shining in hope. "However, I refuse to own your life! I won't let you do all kinds of work! You're free to do whatever you want with your life!"

Haruki blinked and tilted his head. He thought for awhile and finally nodded. "Thank you very much." He said, smiling.

"Well, I guess that's it." (Y/N) breathed out in relief. "I'll go back to my-"

"However, can I atleast call you master?" Haruki suddenly said, smiling gently. "And...stay by your side?"

(Y/N) blinked and blushed slightly before sighing. She turned away and jumped to her bed, grabbing her sketchbook. "Fine, fine!" She said, as she smiled at him.

Haruki smiled excitedly. "Thank you very much, master!" He said.

**********

As Haruki exitted (Y/N)'s room with a happy smile. He was then suprise when he saw a figure leaning on the wall. "Ah, Tsukino-san...?" He asked.

Natsuki blinked and walked towards Haruki before giving him a slight smile. "Just Natsuki is fine." He said.

"Natsuki-kun, then..." Haruki said.

"So, you requested (Y/N)-san to be your master, huh?" Natsuki said.

"Ah, h-how did you know about that?" Haruki asked, blushing.

"Well, I just happen to have heard your voice earlier." He said.

"Wah...H-How embarassing..." Haruki said, blushing as he played with his fingers.

"Don't be. It's normal for us to be wanting a master." Natsuki said as he turned his heel from Haruki. "Especially a nice one."

Natsuki began to walk away from Haruki. "...How about you Natsuki-kun?" Haruki suddenly said, making Natsuki stop in his track. "Don't you want a master as well?"