Chapter Thirteen : Misery's End

~Chapter Thirteen : Misery's End~
~Start~
**********

"Geez...Why is it so hard to rip off?" (Y/N) asked particularly no one but herself as she tried to rip off the bandage after cleaning and covering up the wound on her face. She tried to rip it off using her bare hands but it wouldn't budge.

(Y/N) sighed and looked around her finding something that can cut through the unusually powerful bandage. She opened the drawer next to her bed, where she keeps useful stuff in it and began ramaging around. It wasn't long for (Y/N) to find a large pair of scissors underneath the items. She smiled in relief and got it, ready to cut the remaining bandage that was awkwardly dangling near her neck.

"Hey, you! What are you doing!?" A panicked voice interrupted (Y/N) from doing so and turned around. Only that when she did, she saw Chikage running towards her and tackling her to the ground, immediatly taking the large pair of scissors from her.

With Chikage on top of her, (Y/N) blinked in confusion as to what just happened. "C-Chikage...?" She called out, unsure if it was really him.

Instead of giving her a proper response, Chikage looked at her with upset eyes. "Are you an idiot! What were you doing!? Trying to kill yourself!?" He asked, aggressively as he gripped the pair of scissors in his hands, tightly.

(Y/N) flinched before placing her hands infront of her, giving out a nervous laugh. "Ah, n-no! It's misunderstanding! I'm not-" She tried telling him the innocent truth but the black haired cat boy's ears doesn't to be doing it's job well and instead, cutted the girl between her words.

"Think about those important people in your life! What would those important people in your life think!?" Chikage continue on yelling, not giving the girl the chance to talk. "What would your parents think!? What would those four think!? What would Chihiro think!?"

With that, (Y/N) immediatly widened her eyes and gasped at the name he last mentioned. Seeing her reaction, Chikage immediatly realised what he just said and covered his mouth. He looked at her, worried that (Y/N) might do something bad. But nothing, she was just sitting their with a dangling bandage on her face. Chikage looked at (Y/N) with regret and guilt in his eyes, thinking of things to say to make the situation a little better.

Then, to Chihiro's suprise, he saw (Y/N) gave a slight smile. "You're so silly, Chikage...I'm not trying to hurt myself..." She said as she got the pair of scissors from him and finally cutted the bandage on her face. (Y/N) sighed in satisfaction and patted her bandaged wound gently. "That feels better~!"

(Y/N) stood up and gently placed the remaining bandage on the first aid kit box and turned to Chikage, who was sitting on his knees, looking down. "I see that you heard about Chihiro..." (Y/N) said as she stretched before sitting on her knees, across from where Chikage is. "Man, it's probably mommy who told you about it..."

"I'm sorry..." Chikage looked up at her, his face full of guilt.

(Y/N) tilted her head, blinking. "For what?" She asked. "As far as I remember, you didn't do anything wrong..."

Chikage bit his bottom lip. "...For the things I said to you earlier..." He said and looked down once again. "I told you that you don't understand at all...But now that I found out what you've been through, I...I realized I was wrong all this time..."

"I...I was the who didn't understand..." Chikage whispered, but still audible to the ears. "I always had trouble figuring out what's wrong and what's right. In the end, the conclusion that I get is always the wrong option..."

"Maybe, that's the reason my Master is gone now?" Chikage said, his voice cracked on the of his sentenced and that did not escaped (Y/N)'s ears. "If...If I didn't interfere with those kinds of people...M-Master wouldn't die...I-If I hadn't met Master, then she would've probably continue on her dream instead of wasting all her time, money, and happiness with me..."