3 - You Fail!

We all crossed paths at a crossroad, the designated area.

"Morning..." Sakura yawned.

Naruto simply yawned in reply.

Me, of course, being a morning person, smiled. "Good morning, guys!"

Sasuke stayed silent, and we stopped in the middle of the three paths.

As the sun came up, we were still waiting. Naruto ended up sitting, then Sakura followed suite after. Sasuke and I stayed standing. The sun rose higher and higher into the sky, until we finally heard our Sensei's voice from above us. He was sitting at the top of a pole, and jumped down once he had made his presence known.

"Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?" He asked.

"Hey! You're late!" Sakura and Naruto yelled angrily.

"Just like yesterday." I added monotonously.

"Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take a different way."

I crossed my arms.

"Well," he cleared his throat. "We should get started."

We all watched as he walked over to a timer and set it.

"Here we go, it's set for noon." He pulled out three bells. "Your assignment is very simple. All you have to do is take these bells from me. That's all there is to it. If you can't get them by noon, you go without lunch."

I grumbled. So that's why he told us not to eat breakfast.

"You'll be tied to those posts, and you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you."

"Wait a minute!" Sakura said with a surprised tone. "There's four of us, how come there's only three bells?" She lifted up three fingers as she spoke.

"Well that way, at least one of the four of you will end up tied to a post and ultimately failed for not completing the mission." He shook the bells. "That one goes back to the academy."

All of us looked at him.

"Then again, all four of you could flunk. You can use any weapons, including shuriken and kunai. If you're not willing to kill me, you'll never be able to get the bells."

"But...Those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!" Sakura's eyes widened.

Naruto laughed. "Especially since you couldn't dodge that eraser."

"Naruto, he's a jounin, he could've dodged it if he wanted to." I corrected.

Kakashi looked from me to Naruto. "Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them–lowest scores, losers."

Naruto groaned.

"When I say start, you can begin."

Naruto pulled out a kunai and charged at Kakashi Sensei.

As he brought it down, Kakashi Sensei ended up behind him and twisted his arm to where he was pointing the kunai at himself.