26 - Lightning Style-A New Nature!

Finding Sasuke was pretty easy, but getting to him not as much. All I could tell you about the place we found him was it was rocky. I wasn't sure where we were–somewhere in the village, definitely, but not exactly where.

We had to climb up a wall of nothing but rocks–nothing like safe rock climbing with harnesses. It worried me that my strength would waver and I would end up letting go. I always worried about things that could happen.

I started up the wall of rocks, built up my chakra to make sure I wouldn't fall–something that could also waver in the middle of climbing–and began, cautiously.

The few times that I slipped slightly made me more paranoid–then three-fourths of the way there, a fragile rock crumbled in my hand and I fell back, quickly found somewhere to put my feet and both of my hands, and kept going.

Finally, getting to the top, I pushed myself over the ledge. It was a pretty big area he had come to–perfect for training. I had figured that's what he wanted.

He took my hand and pulled me up to meet him, and I realized I was shaking. I couldn't tell why, because there were so many things going on. I simply stayed, didn't pull away from him, leaving us in a loose embrace.

We stared back down until a few seconds later Kakashi Sensei got himself up.

"There you are." He said, standing up on his own. I let go of Sasuke, who instead of doing the same, pulled me closer.

"You do realize they've been looking about everywhere in the village for you?" Kakashi Sensei continued when he didn't answer.

Sasuke simply left the question alone. "I think you know what I want."

He took my hand and pulled me over to the center of the rock ledge. I glanced around a few times.

"You picked a nice place." I said, letting go of his hand. "You want to train, right? Learn a new justu?"

He gave a slight nod.

Kakashi Sensei pulled out four slips of paper and gave two to each of us.

It didn't look like anything special. I flipped it around and around, then raised my eyebrow. "What are these?"

"They tell you what your chakra nature is, and whether you have more than one. (Name), we already know your chakra natures, but I'm using you so you can know how they work.

If you have only one chakra nature, then it will react the same way in both of your hands. If you have more than one, the one in your left hand will react differently than the one in your right." Kakashi Sensei answered. "The five chakra natures are what?"

"Fire, water, wind, earth, and lightning." I listed, taking one of the slips of paper in each hand as he instructed.

"Right. When you infuse your chakra into these, it will have a reaction. If you have a lightning chakra nature–like me–it will wrinkle. If you have a wind chakra nature, it will tear. If you have a fire chakra nature, it will burn. If you have a water chakra nature, it will become damp. If you have an earth chakra nature, it crumbles away. These are special litmus papers that react to your chakra. (Name)?"

"Right." I nodded. I concentrated on infusing my chakra into the papers.

Both of the papers did something at the same time. In my left hand, it became wet, and in my right, it tore.