33 - Confrontation

"Konnichiwa, Kakashi Sensei." I waved lackadaisically, adding a small smile to further the trust of the conversation.

He closed his book and gave a small nod to me, a similar smile hidden under his mask. "You got here early, (Name)."

He opened his book again, and I leaned against a pillar of the restaurant, stealing occasional glances inside. Within a few minutes, there were footsteps of others approaching our area. I looked up quickly to see Kurenai Sensei and Asuma walking together.

Kakashi Sensei shut his book again to initiate conversation. "Yo, you two!" He called to them. He turned in their direction.

"You seem to be getting along well." I teased.

"Baka...Anko asked me to buy rice dumplings, that's all." Kurenai Sensei rolled her eyes instinctively and looked away, her face heated in a blush.

"What are you two doing here?" Asuma asked quickly after, wanting to get off of the subject.

Kakashi Sensei chuckled quietly. "While I am here to buy offerings, I've made plans to meet here..."

"That's why I'm here." I added with a small nod.

"Hai...but we're waiting..." Kakashi Sensei paused and looked to the right, where Itachi was seated. "For Sasuke."

I saw him move uncomfortably at the mention of Sasuke.

"Ah, that reminds me. You two weren't together just now?" Kakashi Sensei continued, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Well, no." I admitted, laughing nervously. "Usually we would be, but I skipped out on training to do Iruka Sensei a favor and help out with fixing up the academy. It's not a long walk from here."

"Well, in any case," Asuma grinned, looking in Itachi's direction as well, "it's rare that you would wait for people. Is the offering to Obito?"

The name meant nothing to me. Nonetheless, it was very familiar. Being the curious person I am, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Obito?"

Kakashi Sensei ignored my questioning. "Well...that's about right."

Numerous footsteps were heard again as Sasuke approached us.

"Kakashi, it's strange for you to be here first." He commented.

"Well—once in a while." Kakashi Sensei shrugged.

He looked inside of the restaurant and his eyes widened, then he looked back at us.

"Sweets...aren't really my thing." He said, sighing.

The restaurant was now empty, and none of us had seen them move. I sighed in agitation–I was hoping to get to at least talk to him and put some things in place.

"I'm not hungry right now." I sighed, my attitude dropping from excited to devastated.

"Why don't you come with us?" Kurenai Sensei offered.

Something told me that I should go. I nodded and we headed off quickly.

"Where are we going?" I asked, although I knew the answer I hoped for.