34 - Mangekyo Sharingan

After thinking a bit, I got into a defensive stance to protect myself from whatever may happen.

The birds chirped in the trees as all else stilled, and we stared at each other.

It's three against two... I told myself repeatedly.

However, I'm not of much use compared to them.

In my split second of thinking, Kisame had seen my distraction and brought his sword down on me in attempt to catch me off guard.

I managed to deflect it in time, and dodged the second attack as well, by surrounding my hands with my ice and holding the sword in place.

"Picking on the little one, are you?" Asuma muttered, his face slowly turning from a normal expression to an angry frown. "That was a mistake."

Kurenai then began to use her genjutsu, while I still held the sword. Of course, I knew it wasn't going to work. Itachi would see through it immediately, no matter how strong it was.

Asuma attempted to help get the sword off of me as Kisame started to push down the weight of the sword on me. I started to struggle to hold it–it was so damn heavy, how he did carry it around?

The second it touched my arm, he muttered the word "Samehada" before the wrap broke open and nearly split part of my arm in half.

I shuddered in pain, but didn't let a sound come out of my mouth. The pain started to numb until I could barely feel anything, but I still knew it was there.

"Kisame." Itachi said in almost a warning tone.

He immediately took the sword and rested it over his shoulder, a scarcely noticeable smirk hidden somewhere in his face. "A little young, isn't she?"

My face started to heat up as he said that, and I began to wonder what he had said about me to make him say that.

Kurenai's genjutsu started to work, wrapping the Akatsuki members in small trees. However, as I had suspected, as soon as it began Itachi detected it, reversed it and freed himself and his partner from it.

When Kurenai had gathered herself again, Itachi kicked her back into the water behind us.

"Kurenai Sensei!" I gasped, whipping my head back to see the two that had already been in combat–and a new comrade, Kakashi Sensei.

Asuma protected me with his chakra blades as I got distracted, and they ended up engaging in a small battle along with that. Kisame started making hand signs for some type of jutsu, and Kakashi Sensei canceled it out by copying it.

"Why did you show up too?" I asked curiously.

"Well...I asked Asuma and Kurenai to take care of them earlier. But I kind of felt uneasy, you know, when you tagged along–and for them too, of course." He answered.

The shadow clone he had over with Itachi then spoke. "What business does a rogue ninja like you have in this village now?"

No one answered.

"What a surprise." Kisame muttered minutes later. "No wonder you were able to copy my jutsu–so there really is a fellow besides Itachi who has that eye. Your name is Kakashi–the Copy Ninja, wasn't it?"