8 - Kaiza and Inari

(This is mostly a filler chapter. You can skip it if you'd like, but some of the information will be referenced in future chapters)

\(•ᴥ•)/

As we sat at the table and ate, Tazuna started laughing.

"Hey, this is fantastic! It's been ages since we've had so many people at the table."

I looked at him. "Really? You don't get many guests?"

I guess not, with his switching attitude. I thought inwardly.

Naruto and Sasuke were both wolfing down their food. They both finished at nearly the same time.

"I want some more!" They both said simultaneously.

Then they turned around to throw it right back up.

"Um." I said, looking away momentarily. "It's not worth eating if you're just going to throw it up."

"I–I have to eat." Sasuke turned around to look at me.

"And I have to eat more than him." Naruto growled. "It's the only possible way I'll get strong enough to beat him."

"That's very true." Kakashi Sensei nodded. "But puking won't help you."

We continued eating. Everyone finished, then some tea was made for all of us. Sakura left the table, as did I. I noticed a picture, it was of all of the people in the family, but there was something strange about it. It was torn. Sakura noticed my interest and walked over to investigate.

"Excuse me," she turned around. "This picture is torn. Is there some reason for that?"

"Inari, you kept glancing at it all through dinner," I added for her, "it looks as though there were someone else in the picture with you but they got torn out. I mean, that's kind of strange, isn't it?"

Everyone seemed uncomfortable, and Tazuna suddenly had an angry face again. Inari was looking down.

"It's my husband." Tsunami said simply, continuing to wash the dishes.

"They used to call him a hero in this land." Tazuna said, his angry face becoming more unreadable.

Inari jumped out of his chair without picking anything up.

Tsunami turned around. "Inari, where are you going?"

He left without another word and slammed the door behind him. She hurried after him. Before she left, she turned to Tazuna.

"Father, you can't talk about him in front of Inari, you know that!" She grunted and closed the door behind her.

"Gomenasai, Mister Tazuna... I didn't mean to make everyone upset!" I said quietly.

"No, no it's fine." He told me.

"Inari's so–I mean, what happened to him?" Sakura pushed.

Inari was already upset enough... Why is she still asking questions? That's not very smart...although, I am curious.