37 - The Fifth Hokage

The day after I got back, the academy classes resumed. I didn't have much to do but train anymore, so I tried to find a few new jutsu to learn.

I figured that since I used mostly Ice Style jutsu, I could learn a few Water Style and Wind Style jutsu to take advantage of the fact that I had two chakra natures. I took a piece of paper and began to list the jutsu I could already use.

There were three groups. 'Water Style' was written on top. In the middle, 'Wind Style', and the bottom 'Ice Style'.

After filling it all out, I looked over it.

Water Style:
Water Dragon Jutsu

Wind Style:
None

Ice Style:
Ice-Breaking Sledgehammer
Crystal Ice Mirrors
Mirror Clone Jutsu
Twin Dragon Blizzard

I realized that I didn't have a place for my Twitching Limb Technique, since it was a Lightning Style technique, so I just scribbled it in at the bottom.

I figured that I would start out with some kind of Wind Style jutsu, since I didn't know any yet.

I walked to the small library that we had near us, and looked through the scrolls on jutsu. After a while of searching through them, I finally found something interesting.

The jutsu was called 'Wind Style: Liquid Shuriken Technique'.

I read the scroll over to make sure it was something I'd want to learn.

The Liquid Shuriken Technique is a collaboration technique that usually requires two users (Unless you're able to summon both chakra natures.) The user creates a sphere of water in their hands and forms it into the shape of a large shuriken. Then, the user adds wind chakra to it until it starts to glow a bright blue color. The user then throws the shuriken at a target.

This technique has many attributes to help it. First, the wind chakra added to it makes it faster and increases its cutting power. The water chakra enables the user to split the large shuriken into many smaller ones to initiate an all-around attack. Alone, the large shuriken can cut clean through trees and keep its appearance and power. The smaller shuriken can easily hit targets as well as create water sources for other Water Style techniques.

My eyes lit up as I found this. This was perfect for me, especially since I didn't have to have a second user to learn it. I took the scroll and asked to take it home, to which I got a yes.

I started to walk home with the scroll, ready to start trying out the jutsu as soon as possible. When I passed the hospital, I went to check on Sasuke. There were two new flowers in the vase next to his bed, so someone else had probably been here earlier, if not two people.

He still hadn't woken up, and neither had Kakashi Sensei. I had started to worry. If both of them were caught, that jutsu had to be very powerful.

I left the room, not wanting to have another breakdown. I went home and to the back of the house, where we had the targets set up and would always train.

I threw a few shuriken to make sure my aim was still good, and hit the target every time.

I took the scroll, opened it again and read the directions over twice before trying out the jutsu.