19 - Battle for the Scrolls

After a little bit of time, my ice shattered, leaving us vulnerable. We all got separated at one point and ended up in four different places. As I stood up, I noticed a few cuts here and there, but nothing too serious.

I looked for the others quickly as I got back onto my feet. I traveled near to where we had stood before the wind had blown us, but in the bushes to conceal myself.

I pulled out my kunai knife, holding it close to me in case of attack.

"(Name)?" Sakura was standing a few yards behind me, and startled me so badly when she spoke that I was nearly trembling.

When I took a step towards her, she pulled out her kunai and pointed it at me, making me stop.

"Um, sorry?" I muttered, confused.

"The password, remember?" Sakura asked me. I nodded as she spoke again. "Ninja song: 'Ninja Chance'!"

I took a breath and spoke quickly. "It is the chance to sneak up where a large number of enemies is making a scene. The quiet place has no hideout. It is important for a shinobi to know the right time...The time when an enemy is tired and drops his guard."

She sighed in relief. "Then we can go find the others."

We found Sasuke in only a matter of seconds, and we tested each other on the password. All of us seemed to know it well.

Soon after, Naruto came running to us, asking if we were okay.

"Wait, Naruto." I instructed before he could get any closer. "The password..."

"I know!" He replied, nodding. "It is the chance to sneak up where a large number of enemies is making a scene. The quiet place has no secret hideout. It is important for a shinobi to know the right time....The time when an enemy is tired and drops his guard."

I shook my head and threw a collection of shuriken at him. He dodged it quickly.

"What are you doing?" He demanded from me.

"This time, it's someone who can dodge our attacks, is it?" Sasuke said quietly.

I nodded in reply.

"What are you saying, Sasuke?" Sakura asked, shocked. "Naruto just said the password properly."

"He was able to say it, and verbatim, that is the problem." I answered.

"Do you really think that guy can remember a password that long?" Sasuke pointed out. "If we asked the normal Naruto what the password is, what do you think he'd say?"

"'Sorry. I've forgotten it.'" Sakura said, hesitant with her words.

"Besides, his movements, when he dodged my attack..." I added cautiously, watching his every move. "It was clearly different than Naruto's."

"Show your true self already, fake one!" Sasuke commanded him.

He smiled, muttered something under his breath, and undid his transformation jutsu. It was a girl, or at least they looked like one. She then spoke to us.