15 - Rock Lee's Challenge

As they were in the middle of launching attacks at each other, someone with a leaf headband on his waist, a bowl haircut with black hair, dark eyes, and wearing a green outfit, stopped them.

How did he do that? We all thought to ourselves. I barely saw him move, and he was getting knocked around by those other guys earlier!

I found myself in an attack stance, involuntarily, and let my muscles relax.

"Hey, what happened to the plan? I thought you were the one who said to keep it chill and not to let anyone see our skills." The other boy said. He had long brown hair and light purple eyes–the eyes of the Byakugan. I knew him–this was Neji Hyuga, Hinata's cousin.

"Well–" The one with the bushy eyebrows replied, clenching his fist.

"Never mind, it's over." The female on their team said. "Forget it." She shook her head.

The one who had stopped the kick looked up at me and Sakura, and walked over to us. "My name is Rock Lee. You are Sakura, right?" He didn't wait for her to answer. "Please be my girlfriend! I vow to protect you with my life!" Rock Lee said to Sakura. Laughing at her reaction, I walked out of the way and to where Sasuke was.

"Definitely–not." Sakura said simply.

"W–why?" He asked, his voice broken.

"Because you're a weirdo."

Naruto started laughing, and the two others of their team walked closer to us.

"Hey–you, over here." I could tell that Neji was addressing Sasuke; he already knew who I was. "What's your name?"

"Hey, Neji!" I waved. "I haven't seen you in a while!"

He made a small gesture with his hand in return, and glanced away, never looking me in the eye.

"It's common courtesy to give your own name before asking someone else's." Sasuke replied blankly.

"Hey, you're a rookie, aren't you? How old are you, anyway?" Neji asked.

"I'm not obliged to answer." Sasuke told him.

He pulled me with him as he turned around, obviously not wanting me to talk to them.

Naruto and Lee were both leaning on the wall, rejected.

"A weirdo?"

"No one wants to know my name..."

"Hey! Naruto, Sasuke, (Name)! Come on, let's go." Sakura called to us.

"All right, don't pull me, Sakura!"

We headed up the second flight of stairs, thinking similarly.

All of those people–we'll have to face them in the exams!

\(•ᴥ•)/

"Hey you–with the attitude! Hold on!" The same voice from a few minutes ago startled us a bit.