25 - Training for the Third Exam

Waking up in the infirmary wasn't exactly what I would call pleasant, especially since I had been put under supervision of the Inferno Squad.

They watched every move I made, down to the slightest shaking of my hands because of the pounding pain in my arm from the sealing. Even breathing was impossible to do without them seeing. They didn't talk much, I noticed.

I woke up for the first time two days ago. At that time, it had been three days after the exam.

So now, it had been almost a week. I was stable, and the Inferno Squad had been issued orders to let people visit again, for five minutes max.

On the fifth day, the Inferno Squad members all left, leaving me relieved that I didn't have to watch my every move anymore.

Few came to visit me–probably still thought that they weren't allowing visitors.

The fifth day, at noon, the door cracked open without a word. One of the Inferno Squad that had been with me before walked back in and handed me a folded paper. Before I could have a look at it, he stopped me.

"Word has been sent to discharge you immediately. Give those to the nurse who comes in."

That was it. He walked out again.

A little confused, I carefully unfolded the paper and read the contents.

It had all of my information on it, and took up two pages. I read the first few lines again, wondering why he had given this to me.

Full Name: Yuki, (Name)
DOB: (Day)/(Month)/(Year)
Sex: Female
Member of: Squad Seven
–Members: (Name) Yuki, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno
–Sensei: Kakashi Hatake

I didn't pay attention to much more after that, still wondering what this was for. The door opened again, this time a nurse walked in.

She had silver hair that was tinted with blue, pulled back into a long, neat ponytail that reached down to the middle of her waist. Her eyes were a perplexing light gray color, and she had a smile beaming from the second she walked in.

She had a Leaf Headband tied on her right hand, unlike mine it covered her knuckles. She held her hand out for the papers.

"I'll take those, please."

I handed them over, but not before I noticed her resemblance to someone. I had seen the face before, but I couldn't put my finger on where, exactly.

She read over them silently. It was strange, this girl looked as if she were only a few years older than me.

She took my hand, examining the curse mark. I saw her expression start to change and then she turned away quickly to write something else on the paper.

I finally realized who she resembled, and the realization hit me like a truck. She was almost, if not identical to Kabuto.

I was about to ask her name, but she ushered me out of the room and out to the front desk. She checked me out, and then I was able to leave.

I wasn't exactly sure where to go. I knew that first I had to get information about the Third Exam, since I was probably going to have to participate in that as well.