Merry Christmas

Thank you for 14K readers! 

I haven't posted on here for a long time, and that's because I'm working with my stories and I haven't felt like writing imagines. But, since it's Christmas, I decided to give you a little cumber kissmas... Not smut, but hope you'll enjoy it.

Merry Christmas!

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

December 21th 

"When are you coming home? I miss you, and it's soon Christmas." You put the coffee maker on as I did every morning, wearing one of his comfy t-shirts he left behind. It reached to the mid of your thighs. 

"I know, honey, I know. But the flight doesn't air before the 24th, and I can't take an earlier flight because of the shooting, so I might not make it on Christmas Eve. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'll do my very best. I want to come home as badly as you want." 

"It's not fair. Everyone should make their way home for Christmas no matter where on the earth they live," you sighed into the phone, leaning against the kitchen bench. Your voice was beginning to crack.  

"Hey, you, don't cry. You know that makes me cry," Ben tried to start a laugh, but it didn't work good. "I miss you so much, and I can't wait to see you again. But look, I need to get some sleep. We're starting early tomorrow. I'll talk to you soon. Love you, Y/N." 

"Love you too, Ben." 

The phone called ended. The coffee was finished. You filled a cup and studied our decorated house. You had made the effort put up Christmas decoration although it was usually something you and Ben did together. The only thing I hadn't done was the Christmas tree.  

It had now been almost four months since Ben left for New York to shoot scenes for his upcoming movie as the Marvel character Doctor Stephen Strange. He had also been on multiple interviews and photo shoots. It was gonna be good to get him home. 

December 24th

The sound of the coffee machine snapped you out of your thoughts, but you didn't bother to get it. Instead, you were occupied with staring at the tree in our living room. You stood in front of it in Ben's t-shirt. This morning you decided to sleep in longer, and it was not around 12. 

"Please, I just want one thing this year. All I want for Christmas is-" 

*knock, knock, knock*

The knocking on the front door, startled you. "Why does this have to happen when I'm not dressed?" You went to get your robe from the bathroom, just down the hall. You knitted it around your torso and went to open the door. 

To your surprise, you didn't see anyone, but there was something on the ground right before your feet - a bucket of red roses. You bowed down, about to pick them up when- 

"Managed to pick them up on my way home."

Your head snapped up because of the familiar voice you'd only heard over the phone for the past months. A big smile formed on your whole face when you saw a smiling Benedict coming towards you. With a breath filled with a giggle, you ran towards him and slung your arms around his neck.

"Oh, Y/N!" Ben mumbled in your shoulder as he hugged you tightly back. "I've missed your warm hugs."

A few tears had rolled down your cheek. When he hugged you, you felt protected. Protected and loved. It was the best hugs you could ever get.

When you eventually let go of each other, but not completely - you still had your arms on one another - he wiped away your tears. "And I've missed this." He brought your faces together into a long lasting, passionate kiss.

The feelings rushing through your body and Ben's lips, as well as him touching you, made you melt into his embrace.

"Mmm...maybe we should get inside. It's freezing and you're only in your morning robe," Ben said against your lips.

"I only need you to keep me warm," you replied and still smiled big. Ben hummed in response. "I still don't want you to catch a cold. Come on, let's make some hot chocolate and something to eat." He put his arm around you and together you walked into your house.

"Wow, you've decorated! It looks pretty." Ben took off his jacket. "You said you weren't coming home until after christmas. Now, not that I'm complaining, but how come you're here now?"

"I got an earlier plane. See it as...an early christmas present."

You stepped on your toes and gave him a kiss. "It's the best present I could've gotten."

"I love you so much, Ben."

"I love you more, Y/N."

"Come on, I have a little surprise for you," you said and took Ben's hand, leading him to the living room.

"You... You haven't decorated the tree?" Ben looked at you surprised. "I wanted to wait for you. So that we at least could do that together. Ben put his arms around your waist and pulled your back against his chest. He sneaked a kiss on the top of your head, then a longer one on your neck.

"Now what did you say about that chocolate?" you asked making him chuckle. A laughter you'd missed to hear.

"Come on, then. We're gonna make just that, then finish up the tree and after that, I want to take you upstairs."

Ben teased you before he went to the kitchen. You bit your lip, the turned to the tree. "Thank you," you whispered.

December 25th

Since you hadn't made any plans on Christmas Eve because Ben would most likely not make it, it was just the two of you spending the day together.

"Morning, sweetheart," Ben said in his dark, mumbling morning tone. He had his arms wrapped around you from behind, his face buried in your hair and neck. "Last night was amazing."

"Mm, yes it definitely was." You put your hands over his arms, pressing in closer to him. "I never want to get out of bed."

"Me neither, but it's Christmas, and we're gonna have so much fun today."

Four hours later...

Breakfast was finished and it was time for presents. You and Ben sat down on the couch with the decorated tree in front of you.

"I want to give you one first," Ben said. "Go and look under the tree." You looked a bit suspicious at him but did as he said. You found a square one with your name on that was about as big as your palm.

When you were back in the couch, you opened it. Behind the paper was a black box, which made you more curious. "What is this?" you asked. Ben had a smile that looked like a mix between a happy one and a bit worried one.

You opened the box and gasped at the sight of a beautiful silver ring with a diamond. "Is this...?" you turned to your boyfriend for an explanation.

"Y/N, I love you more than I can put to words and bigger than numbers can count. My life has just been better with you in it and I'd like for it to stay that way. Therefore..." he got down on the floor on one knee and took your hands in his. "Y/N Y/L/N, will you do marry me?"

With no control of over it, tears streamed down your cheeks, landing on your collarbone.

"You better say something because you're starting to scare me a little bit," Ben said as you'd kept crying for several seconds.

"Oh my God, yes! Yes of course I want to marry you!"

You slung your arms around his neck and he got up and twirled your around.

When he put you down, he took the ring and placed it on your finger. "Merry Christmas, Y/N." He kissed you deeply.

"Merry Christmas, Benedict." You gave him a kiss back.

"This deserves a toast," Ben said and found two glasses and champagne.

"To you, future Mrs Cumberbatch."

"To you, the best man I could wish for. And to the best Christmas in my life."

"Our lives." He corrected and clincked your glasses together.