The True Me - Loki

Because I'm in a Hiddleston/Loki mood these weeks, I got the urge to write something like this. Hope you'll like it! 

I'll try to give you one with Dr Strange too soon, once I have found an idea for it!

-------------------------------------------------

The day in Asgard turns from glorious to gloomy after Loki found out the truth about who he really is. After shouting to the Allfather, the pain of seeing Loki so upset, mad, and betrayed, must've been too much for him because he collapsed right by his feet and fell into Odin's sleep.

Thor and Frigga both tried to talk to Loki but he shut himself in his chambers, telling the guards outside to let no one in. He's shattered. Knowing his only purpose in this realm was to be used as a relic to make peace between the Asgardians and the Frost Giants. Odin had no ideas of what to do. Loki is not of his own blood. He doesn't know how to be around him anymore, how to make him feel like he's his son again. The relationship between them had always sort of been different than the one he had with Thor. And now the truth is out. Thor is shocked by it, but he doesn't think less of him as a brother. And Frigga... she still loves him as the son she always has. She clings to the good in him, like you have done.

Speaking of you, you have no clue about this as you're not living in Asgard, but down on Earth. You never know what's going on up there, and it's been a while since you've seen them. The first visit was four months ago and you quickly became good friends with the two Gods, especially Loki. The two of you did tricks and mischief together, he told you stories about his childhood, about his powers. He showed you some of his favorite places. He told you he's never had so much fun before because no one wants to join him in doing tricks and spending time with him. For that very reason, he also evolved feelings for you which he never thought he'd experience. Especially not with a Midgardian. Two days before your return to Earth, he took the courage to kiss you, and it's been on your mind ever since...

"Let me bring Y/N back," Thor says to his mother in the great hall. She stands beside the empty King's chair.

"You think she can help Loki?"

"She might be his only hope. You didn't see them together like I did. Mother, I've never seen him happier than when he was with her."

"Perhaps you're right. What worse can it do if she comes?" Frigga asks. "Bring her here as soon as you can."

* * *

For you, it's a typical, boring morning in New York. The sunlight shines in your window, lighting up your little apartment on the third floor. You sit down at the small table with a bowl of cereal. While eating, you stare out the window, up towards the sky, wondering what Loki's doing right now.

"If I only could visit you again..." you whisper and disappointedly look down in the bowl. 

Suddenly, as your prayers get answered, an abruptly ray from the sky crashes down on your porch - a little porch fit for two people - and reveals a blonde haired man in a red cape. Not giving a damn about your food now, you sprint out to meet him.

"Thor!" his serious face turns into a smile once he hears and sees you.

"Lady, Y/N!" he greets and welcomes your hug. His muscular arms could easily squish the breathing life out of you.

"What brings you here? Is something wrong?" you ask, now being worried, and Thor goes back to his severe expression.

"It's my brother."

Your face drops ten times more. "What's happened? Is he hurt?"

"Not physical, but... his pride might be. There's something you don't know about him. I'll explain on the way if you'd be so kind to come back with me."