Dapper at Golden Globes

"Come on, Y/N! We have to leave, we're already behind schedule!" As Tom calls for you, he grabs his phone from the counter and puts it on silent before placing it in his blazer's inner pocket. 

For the night, you chose a hot, black dress. It's knee-length, rather deep neckline both front and back. The black high heels make you in height with Tom's cheeks when you normally reach just above his shoulders. As jewelry, you have a silver necklace with what looks like a shining icicle, resting against the upper parts of your breasts. On your right ring finger, you have a glittering ring and earrings in your ears with circle shapes. Your hair is curly and hangs loosely over your shoulders and down your back.

Tonight was the night you'd attend an award event for the first time. It's Golden Globe and Tom is nominated for best performance by an actor in a limited series or a motion picture for television. His role as Jonathan Pine in The Night Manager really deserves such a nomination because he played that role splendidly - like he does with every role really.  

"Coming!" you call from the bathroom as you put on the last piece of makeup. Giving yourself a last look in the mirror to check that everything is in place, you exit the room.

On your way to the front door, you get a smile on your face as the butterflies in your stomach grow. Since you're not an actress yourself and therefore never been to such an event, you'd be lying if you said you aren't nervous. As you walk, you start to rethink about the choice of dress. What if it's not right for the occasion?

However, that thought quickly disappears from your mind.

"Wow!" Tom sighs with a pair of stunned eyes. His arms rise to his sides just to drop back down, making a clap sound once they hit his sides. He's put on one of his black suit and tie, white button-up shirt and shiny, black shoes.

"Good enough?" you ask as you come up to his left side.

"Good? You're stunning! I'm gonna have a hard time taking my eyes off you." Tom's comfort helps a lot, and sensing that, he takes your hand. "You're gonna do great tonight, and I'm so glad you want to come."

"It's because I have you by my side that encourages me to do so," you tell him and get a kiss in response. You ease into it, your hands going on his chest. A smile comes on both your faces.

"I will not departure you, my lady," he says and kisses your hand before guiding you out of the house and into an awaiting car. 

At the Golden Globes

Immediately when the two of you pop your heads out of the car, the crowd goes crazy. All because of Hiddleston of course. He steps out first, giving a quick wave in their direction before giving you a hand.

Looking like a rather dapper couple, you stride down the red carpet, letting go of Tom's hand now and then so he can sign photos and take selfies with as many fans as possible. In front of you, the carpet gets more covered by actors, agents, and interviewers. Before you reach that crowd, you stop to wait for Tom and take a glance down at your dress to see if you need to 'fix' anything but it looks just like when you left.

"Shall we go on?" you hear Tom ask while coming up to you. Giving him a nod, you take his offering hand and let him lead you.

Tom meets up with some friends, introducing you to them in the process if you haven't met them before. He gets interviewed and signs some more photos with the fans. Seeing them and him so happy together just make you so glad. You'd be at least as thrilled as those young people behind those barriers if you were standing in their place. Although, it's much better to be on the other side of it too. 

Before you go inside, you stand in a pose together and him alone while all the photographers get their amount of pictures. Then, you gather up with some of the other actors from the cast of The Night Manager. While you're walking, Tom has his hand connected with yours and when you're standing still, he moves around your waist. His fingers brushing like feathers against your naked skin just where the dress comes together again on your back.