New Years Eve

Hello! 

I got this tiny little idea last night so I thought "why not write it?" Haven't written a short imagine in a while so here you go. 

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

You are making your way closer to the Parlament to get a better sight when the clock strikes midnight. But that isn't so easy. Many people have come to watch the firework light up the dark sky with Big Ben in front. With only ten minutes left of the year, you find a place almost in front on the right side. You've never been in London on this day and you're very excited to experience it. 

The ten minutes seem to be double so long, but when you check your phone, it's only been five minutes. You're starting to tap with your foot as you're getting impatient and cold. The white dress you're wearing reaches only to your knees, but you have a black coat that's a little longer. Thinking that the black boots at home would've been a more suited footwear than the white high heels you decided to wear doesn't do you any good now. However, after this, you didn't have any plans other than to return back home. 

Meanwhile, further back in the crowd... 

The two gentlemen decide to stand a bit away as to try to attract as little attention as possible. That turns out to be not too difficult as most people are occupied with themselves and the ones they come with. 

"Perhaps in the new year, you'll meet the one," Tom smirks to Ben. 

"Right back at you," Ben replies and turns to him to give him a smile. "I feel ready for a relationship." 

"You certainly deserve one. It's been over a year." 

"Mmm, I know. I'm ready for a fresh relationship. Someone I can settle down with." As Ben is talking to his friend, his gaze moves among the crowd until his eyes land on someone familiar. He takes some seconds to actually confirm that it's the person he thinks it is, then turns to Tom. "Excuse me, I'll be right back." 

Before Tom can answer, Ben is walking out to the side and forward towards the girl in the black coat. She's standing with her back to him so she doesn't see him coming. 

"Y/N?" 

The sudden voice behind your back startles you, making you jump and turn around. You instantly meet the eyes of the man you met for the first time in a library last week. 

"Benedict! Hi!" 

He gives her a smile that warms her inside and shuts out some of the cold. "It's eh...good to see you again." 

"You too," you smile back. It's indeed dark out, but you still find yourself getting easily lost in his shiny eyes. Without you knowing, you've been staring into them for a little too long. 

"Y/N?" he tilts his head a bit and frowns his eyebrows.  

"Yes! Sorry, I just... never mind," you wave it off. You couldn't exactly say how his eyes are a major distraction. "What were you saying?" 

"I was asking if you're here with someone," Benedict repeats as you didn't hear him the first time. 

"Nope, just me," you say and raise your hands to your sides. Something in Benedict's eyes seems to light up and you wonder what it means. 

He looks back over his shoulder in the direction he came from. "You wanna hang with us?" he asks and you narrow your brows. 

"Us?" 

"Oh, it's just me and my friend Tom." 

"As in Hiddleston?" you ask with a smile. To confirm, Benedict nods.