Chapter 6

Buck's POV.

The next day, I found a note in my locker. "Meet us behind the school after classes." I slipped the paper into my pocket and went to my math class. "Hey, Buck." I turned around in my seat to see Greg whispering to me.

"You get the note?" I grinned. "You bet." "Great." Greg sat back, crossing his arms behind his head. "You'll have a blast with us." He winked. "It will be....the time of your life." My grin matched Greg's. 

After class, Greg and I walked to the back of the school to meet the others. "Hi, guys!" I greeted. "Sup." Brayden nodded towards us. "You ready?" Greg asked, resting his hands on my shoulders. I nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be." 

"Great." Brayden grinned his signature grin. "Then let's get going." We walked for a few blocks till we reached a small convenience store. "Here?" I was confused. "Yes. Here." Lisa smirked and opened the door. We stepped inside.

"Hello." A friendly looking middle aged man smiled from behind a counter. "Welcome." His smile was warm, and I smiled back. "Hello, sir." "Can I help you wth anything?" He asked kindly. "No thanks, we'll find what we need on our own." Brayden answered a little harshly. 

The man nodded. "Help yourself then." I noticed Jenna and Greg smirking at each other. I walked around looking at the different things in the little store. "Buck." I turned. Jenna motioned for me to come to her. 

I hurried to her side and looked to what she was pointing at. A rack of movies. "Which would you get?" She asked. "Why are you asking me?" I asked. She tilted her head. "I'm just asking. No real reason." I nodded. 

"OK, well, then.....this one." I put my finger on an action film I had been dying to see. Jenna grinned. "Good choice." I nodded and looked around more. "Time to go." Brayden pulled my arm. 

"Now? did you buy something?" He nodded to the door. "Time to go, Buck." He repeated. "OK, OK." I followed them out. I didn;t see the owner on my way out, which was weird. But I didn't think much about it. 

"Here." Greg handed me a DVD. I gasped as it was the one I wanted in the store. "H-how did you get this?" Lisa snickered. "as the old guy said. We helped ourselves." The rest of them snickered, and walked back down the street. 

I had to let my brain process what had happened. They had....shoplifted- No, stolen from a store. It was wrong! But....they had done it for me I guessed, and....They had accepted me....The guy had said, "Help yourselves." So...I guess it was fine....But they had stolen! I groaned and pushed the thought out of my mind. 

They were my friends. I wouldn't question them. I grinned and ran to catch up with them.

Lily's POV.

I stepped off the bus and waved to my friends, as it pulled off. I entered the house. "Hi, Lily." Mom smiled and gave me a hug. "How was school?" I smiled. "It was good." I sat at the table. "I made cookies." She pointed to the tray on the counter. "Help yourself."

I smiled and took one, biting into it. "Mmm, this is good mom. The best!" She smiled. "Thanks. Your dad said they are the best too." I laughed. "It's the truth."

My phone rang suddenly. I pulled it out, staring at the unknown number. "Who is it?" Mom asked. "Don't know." I answered. I accepted the call, and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" "Lily? Is that you?" I immediately brightened. "Oh! hey, Dylan! What's up?" 

He laughed on the other side. "Nothing, just wanting to tell you it's fine with my mom if you teach me today. But I have no way of getting to the sports plex." I grinned. "No worries. I can pick you up." He sighed in relief. 

"OK, great! See you then." I told him goodbye, and slid the phone back into my pocket. "So?" Mom asked. "Huh?" I asked, confused. "Who was it?" I played with my fingers. "A friend." I did not want to tell her that it was a boy who was being hunted by Viper, and I was secretly protecting him. 

"Oh, OK." She shrugged and took a cookie from the tray. "You can take some to your friend." I looked up. "I can?" She nodded. "You can." I shrugged. "Alright." I stuffed a couple into a plastic bag and into my pocket.

I walked out ready to take my mom's BMW but what I saw in the driveway made me almost faint. 

"Wh-what is this

"Wh-what is this...?!" I practically screamed. The window was down, and I stuck my head in. Keys hung from the mirrior with a note attached. 

"Do not wreck your new ride. I spent a bunch of my money on this. Make sure you make a good impression on your date. ;) 

~Uncle Jack

I yelped with excitement and climbed into the driver seat. "Thank you Uncle Jack." I muttered with excitement. I started the engine and grinned as it purred like a kitten. "Sweet." I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road. 

I phoned Dylan to find out his address. When I pulled up to his driveway, he was outside, sitting on the front steps. "Hey." I hopped out of the car and walked up to him. "Is that...your car?" He asked, gaping at it. "Kind of..." I answered, scratching my neck. 

"My Uncle uses it too." He smiled. "That's cool." I nodded. "So you ready to go?" He stood and stretched. "Yup!" He climbed into the passenger side seat and leaned back. "Wake me when we're there."

I laughed as he closed his eyes. "You are so funny." He popped one eye open and smiled at me. "I know. I like making people laugh." I chuckled. "Well it's working." He grinned and closed his eyes again.

A while later we arrived at our destination. I turned off the engine and looked over at Dylan. He was fast asleep. I chuckled. His face was so cute yet handsome while he slept. I waited a few more minutes before waking him. 

"Dylan. Dylan? Dylan." I shook his shoulder. He opened his eyes and stared at me with a cute expression on his face. "You're beautiful..." He whispered. "W-what?" I asked, surprised by his words. "Nothing." He stretched and unbuckled himself.

As we opened the door to the empty room of the sportsplex I had requested, I flipped on the lights and looked around. Two walls were covered by mirrors, while in the corner, two martial arts uniforms hung neatly. 

"OK." I said. "Take off your shoes and we'll start stretching."

After stretching I helped him through some warm up exercises. "Now stand like this." I planted my feet in a firm unmovable stance. He imitated my pose. I walked over and bent his legs. "Always keep them bent." He nodded. 

After about two hours I decided to call it a day. "Wait!" Dylan shouted. I turned was I was about to hang up the uniform. "What is it?" He smiled. "Can you show me some expert stuff?" I chuckled. "Alright. Sure."

Dylan stood in a corner and watched me as I showed professional skills. 

When I finished, Dylan stood and clapped. I bowed. "Thanks." He walked up and smiled. "That was amazing!" I nodded. "I've been learning since I was a young girl." He laughed. "Well it payed off!" 

As we walked back to the car I smiled. Maybe I could be just more than a body guard to Dylan. He was funny, childish, and amazing guy. Maybe we could be good friends. 

Ooooohhhhhh.....Buck is in the wrong crowd. Lily might be crushing on Dylan. What will happen?! WHo knows! Hope you enjoy this chapter!