Chapter 21

WARNING: HEART BREAKING, AND EMOTIONAL CHAPTER UP AHEAD! :'(

Lily's POV.

My heart sped up as he spoke softly to me. "I have something to tell you." I smiled more. "What?" I asked. He smiled his nervous adorable smile. I gazed into his amazing eyes and saw a load of emotions I hadn't seen before. 

I saw; happiness, trust, hope, passion, content, and.....love.....? Dylan took a deep breath before talking. "I-" Slam! The steel door opened, and Jayden stormed in, with two agents by his side. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

His glare focused on Dylan who stood in front of me protectively. "Leave her alone." I growled. I couldn't leave Dylan to fight them by himself. I struggled to free myself from the straining chains. I focused but no super strength came. 

I was technically human. A useless weakling.....I raised my head to see Dylan fighting off Agents. His eyes were full of determination as he fought bravely. Jayden stood off to the side looking really angry. He pulled out a pistol from his belt and aimed it at Dylan who was busy fighting for both our lives. 

I thought fast and twisted my hands around behind my back, pulling free one of my hands. "Dylan! Look out!" I shouted. He turned and ducked, just as Jayden pulled the trigger. I grinned and wriggled out of the chains that held me. 

I stood weakly and breathed. Dylan turned his head to me and smiled. I smiled back. "Enough of this!" 

Jayden cried, pointing his gun at me. My heart stopped. "If I cannot have you......no one will!" He smirked at Dylan evilly as he pulled the trigger. "No!" I saw it all in slow motion. The bullet barrelling towards me. I was frozen in my spot. 

Dylan dashing towards me, pushing me out of harm's way. Time went normally once again. I watched wide eyed as Dylan, the one I had grown to know and love stood there, blood pooling through his shirt near his heart.

"D-Dylan!" I stood and caught him as he fell. His chest rose and fell slower and slower. "L-Lily....." I cradled his head and stroked his hair with one hand, my other covering his wound. "I-I I'm sorry....." I sobbed, my hands trembling. 

He smiled sadly, his hand moving slowly to mine, interlocking our fingers. "I never wanted you to get hurt....I-I was supposed to protect you." I pulled him closer and sobbed softly. His hand. Warm and comforting.

"Take this...." He pulled a chain from around his neck. "This is for you. Keep it safe." I held the jade tightly in my blood stained hand. "Dylan Tanner....D-don't you dare leave me!" I whimpered. "Tisk Tisk." I looked up as Jayden walked up, a knife in his hand.

"GO away, Jayden!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face, stinging the cuts and scrapes. "Can't do that love." He raised his hand, about to bring the knife down on me. I grabbed the gun Dylan ad dropped and pulled the trigger. 

Jayden staggered and swayed before collapsing to the ground, his knife clinking beside him. I held Dylan close. "You can't leave me, Dylan...." I brought my lips to his forehead. "P-please......." He smiled weakly before closing his eyes. 

"I love you." 

I watched as his hand went limp from mine, hitting the floor which sounded like a thunderclap in my ears. His words flowing in my ears and mind. "I love you."

The door opened and Uncle Jack and a few agents ran in. "Lily!" He wrapped me in a giant hug. I couldn't move or speak. He was gone. Dylan was gone. "Lily...." Uncle Jack took my hand, looking down at the non-moving boy. "I'm so sorry..." 

I turned and gazed into my uncle's baby blue eyes. "He.....he saved my life....I was supposed to-" "Shhh....." He pulled me close to his chest. "It's alright, baby girl..." I cried, and cried, and cried. 

This was it. My life was over. 

I literally cried writting this chapter! Sooo saddd!!!