Chapter 23

Lily's POV.

I stretched out on my couch, and flipped on the tv. It had been three years since Dylsn's death, and I had gotten over it.      Mostly. He was always in my mind whenever something reminded me of him. 

A couple eating at a table for two. two twelve year olds, eating ice cream. The girl's dropped so the boy shared his. I smiled softly. I remembered when Dylan did that for me. The memories brought tears to my eyes still. 

I blinked them back and focused on the tv. 

"Liam! Liam answer me!" 

I blinked. Why did everything trigger my memories?!

"I-I'm sorry, Kate.....I-I should have been there for you when you needed me. I- I should have trusted you." 

I set my jaw. This was.....too familiar.

"Don't do this to me, Liam! I love you!" 

"I love you too.....that's why...you must let me go."

"Liam? Liam?! Please......"

I flipped the tv off. It was too much. Grabbing my jacket, I left my apartment, and locked the door. My phone rang. "Mom." I smiled. "Hey, sweety. How are you?" I sighed and walked down the street. 

"I'm good. How are you and dad?" She chuckled. "We're good. Your brother is good too." I smiled. "Good." We chatted a little more before she let me go. I smiled and said goodbye, ending the call. 

I looked up at the sky. Full of stars. I smiled, recalling the night Dylan had taken me up the roof, to show me the stars. He had told me.... When we look for something with so much passion, we can always find them......Hidden in the Stars.....

I leaned over a bridge and sighed softly. When I looked up at the starry sky, I felt close to Dylan. The one thing we had in common. I pulled out the jade necklace and stared at it. This thing had been the death of him.....and the life of me at the same time 

"Dylan...." I murmured. "I never got to tell you....." Tears fell from my eyes, down my cheeks and dripped off the end of my chin, splashing into the concrete. "I love you too...." I gazed up at the sky and smiled, as a lost one streaked across the dark canvas.

I smiled at the jade. "I love you Dylan." I repeated, my lips curling into a small smile.

"I love you too, Lily." A deep but soothing voice flowed through my ears, making their way to my heart. I froze, thinking I had heard things. Arms wrapped around me from behind, warming my cold body. I just realised how cold the night was. 

I person's soft lips touched my ear. "And together.....We shine brighter than all the stars in the galaxy put together." I found myself starting to faint. I'd know the voice anywhere. But it was....impossible. 

"D-Dylan....?" I turned. He smiled. "H-how..." I felt his face. He'd gotten taller, and more handsome. He pulled me close, as I sobbed into his chest. Tears of happiness, not sadness. I gripped his shirt as if he would vaporise in the wind, like an illusion. 

His hands rubbed my back, calming me. "It's ok, Lily. I'm here." His voice hadn't changed. It had just......gotten deeper. I sighed softly. "How are you alive...?" I asked, looking up at him. His eyes were the same, loving and full of mischief. 

"You. you healed me. When your hand touched my wound. It stared to slowly heal me. I went into a temporary comma. I woke up a few day later, and decided to stay away to keep you and everyone else safe from danger."

I couldn't believe my ears. I..I healed him? I could heal? I smiled and rests my head on his chest, happy to be in his arms again. After three long years, we were reunited. "You're just as beautiful as you were the day I laid eyes on you." 

I smiled at his comment. "And you're just as idiotic." He staggered back playfully clutching his chest. "Ow.....that hurt..." I laughed. "I'm kidding. You're not as handsome as I remember...." His face fell. "WH-what?" 

I grinned. "You're more handsome." Dylan's smile returned and he wrapped me in another hug. "I missed you." He whispered in my ear. I smiled. "I missed you too." He looked down at me. His eyes seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. 

"Did I tell you I love you?" He asked softly, pushing a stray hair behind my ear. I smiled. "Yes. And I answered you." He moved his face closer to mine. "Then say it again. I want to hear you say it." I smiled, as my heart sped up. 

"I love you Dylan Tanner." He smiled wider. "I love you too, Lily Hamato." He leaned down and locked our lips. 

I smiled into the kiss. I had found a truth. No guy was perfect. They all had their faults, but Dylan Tanner was as close as a boy could get. He was, to me, the most perfect guy in the entire galaxy. 

HELLOOO!!!!! I am saddened to inform you......this book is....complete! Hope you enjoyed this series! Book 2 and 3 are now out and avalible to read! :)